- Sparks fly over land ownership. Chimunhu, John // African Business;Oct97, Issue 225, p33
Focuses on developments concerning land ownership regulations in Zimbabwe. Controversial plan by government to ban ownership of land by foreigners and companies; Disallowance of ownership of more than one farm by individuals; Moves to implement market-driven approach to land ownership regulation.
- Land tug of war. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Oct97, Issue 225, p34
Focuses on issues concerning land ownership in South Africa. Carving up of South African land by successive minority white governments; Relocation of disposed blacks to remote and unfriendly land; Demands by blacks for the return of lands seized from them under previous regimes; Restitution of...
- Land owners want their fair share. Jochum, Glenn // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/06/96, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p1
Reports that private citizens who own a portion of Suffolk County, New York's pine barrens still have nothing to show for their holdings. Allegations from irate property owners; Process of obtaining a pine barrens credit certificate; Property description.
- Fight over funds hinders land deal. Mackay, Katurah // National Parks;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 72 Issue 7/8, p15
Focuses on the political dispute over funds which delay the critical acquisition deal at Cumberland Island National Seashore in Georgia. Details on the proposed land swap by Jack Kingston (R-Ga.); Provision on the proposed land swap; Source of funds for the land deal.
- Less freedom for the freeholder? Berwick, Isabel // Management Today;Jun96, p92
Examines the relationship between freeholders and leaseholders in Great Britain. Inadequacy of protection provided by leaseholders to freeholders; Landlord's right to collect ground rent from tenants during the whole term.
- Land tenure and allocative efficiency in Niger. Gavian, Sarah; Fafchamps, Marcel // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May96, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p460
Investigates whether traditional land tenure systems are an impediment to allocative efficiency in Niger. Influence of available manpower on the yield; Absence of relationship between manuring and land sales; Tenure security effect on manuring.
- On property and propriety. // Mother Earth News;Sep/Oct88, Issue 113, p8
Explores the concept of owning a piece of land and the tenuousness of possession of property. Boundary definitions; Adverse possession; Rights of owners.
- Stewardship Councils unique. Allen, Bob // Ontario Out of Doors;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, Hotline p2
Discusses the functions and services offered by Stewardship Councils in Ontario. Interest on landowner issues and interests; Aim on strengthening relationship between stakeholders and landowners; Citation of projects undertaken by the councils.
- Soap opera and CD give Brazil's landless a boost. Epstein, Jack // Christian Science Monitor;2/3/98, Vol. 90 Issue 47, p6
Profiles the Landless Rural Workers Movement (MST), an organization in Brazil which settles landless people on land which it has forcibly sequestered. Comments from co-founder Joao Pedro Stedile; Popular support for the MST; The grossly unfair distribution of land in Brazil which motivates the...