Expanding public participation is essential to environmental justiceand the democratic decisionmaking process
- Environmental Pollution and Challenges of Environmental Governance in Nigeria. Amokaye, Oludayo G. // British Journal of Arts & Social Sciences;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p26
The aim of this article is identify, analyse and articulate the rationale for the failure of environmental governance in Nigeria. It identified various environmental challenges confronting Nigeria and justification for regulation. This paper focused on strategies that will increase the...
- Homeland Security Will Enforce "Environmental Justice". // New American (08856540);5/7/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the environmental justice which will be enforced by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to monitor environmental regulations, along with local governments.
- Federal statutory law. Enforcement and regulatory policy. The EPA's Supplemental Environmental Projects policy Boergers, Kathleen // Ecology Law Quarterly;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p777
No abstract available.
- Postindustrialization and Environmental Quality: An Empirical Analysis of the Environmental State. Fisher, Dana R.; Freudenburg, William R. // Social Forces;Sep2004, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p157
Existing sociological analyses express differing expectations about state control over economic actors and the political feasibility of environmental regulation. Recent literature on the environmental state sees environmental protection as becoming a basic responsibility of postindustrial...
- Urban Living Legend. Gray, Katti // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;12/20/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p2
The article focuses on Dr. Robert Bullard, considered as father of the environmental justice movement. Dr. John Rudley from the Texas Southern University explains the objective of Bullard is reflected on his environmental and sustainability studies emphasizing environmental regulations that...
- Western Europe. // ENHESA Flash;Oct2006, Issue 32, p6
The article provides an overview of environmental, health and safety regulations adopted in Western Europe during July and August 2006. In France, the convention on chemical weapons was implemented. In Austria, the amendment to business code for air quality control and environmental noise was...
- Environment Justice. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Apr2008, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p141
The article focuses on the new journal entitled "Environmental Justice," from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., which will be debuting in May 2008. It states that the journal is the central forum for the research and discussion of the equitable treatment and involvement of all people, particularly...
- NEPA Task Force recommendations: Back to you, CEQ. // Environmental Forum;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p55
The article reports on the recommendations of the U.S. House Resources Committee concerning the enhancement and modernization of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) web site. The NEPA Task Force is responsible in recognizing environmental law changes of the country giving considerations...
- Integrating environmental justice into EPA permitting authority Lazarus, Richard J.; Tai, Stephanie // Ecology Law Quarterly;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p617
No abstract available.