- Growing Smart Is Hard to Do. Ben-Zadok, Efraim // Planning;Oct2003, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the issues concerning the smart growth laws in Florida which attempt to balance environmental concerns and urban development. Efficacy of smart growth policies; Level of support among stakeholders affected by smart growth; Advantages and disadvantages of the smart growth legislation.
- A new environmental age is dawning. Kiel, Jean E. // Pit & Quarry;Nov95, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on changes concerning land use management in the United States. Background history; Legal developments; Theme of federal natural resource policy; Generation of environmental legislation; Impact on regulations on the people.
- The allure of a lure: Proposed federal land use restriction easements in remediation of... Thanheiser, Laurie DeBrie // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Winter97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p271
Examines the proposed amendments to the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA). US Environmental Protection Agency's need for access to contaminated property and adjacent lands; Use of institutional controls to implement remedial actions; Evaluation of...
- Access to the courts -- a conflict of ideologies Alder, John // Journal of Environmental Law;1998, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p161
No abstract available.
- Contaminated land: Slovakia and what EU law says. Young, Tim // Slovak Spectator;2/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p7
Discusses how the Slovak and European governments respond to the problem of land contamination. Information on the polluter pays principle in European countries; Plans to update the Water Act in Europe; Process initiated by the Slovak Ministry of Environment to develop legislation in relation...
- RECENT DEVELOPMENTS. Bush, Benjamin B. // Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law;Spring2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p477
Summarizes developments in federal and state environmental and land use case law in the U.S. Ruling of the court on the Bordon Ranch case with alleged violation of the Clean Water Act; Charges against the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation brought by the Caribbean Conservation Corporation;...
- GLOBAL CONVERGENCE IN CONSTRUCTION. Sun Kuk Kim // International Journal of Strategic Property Management;Jun2010, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p87
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Kuo-Liang Lin on ecological indicators for urban land consolidation, one by Choong-Wan Koo on owner's decision making on a construction project, and one by Saulius Raslanas on land value tax.
- KENTSEL RANTLARIN VERGÄ°LENDÄ°RÄ°LMESÄ°. ASLAN, Memduh // Ankara Barosu Dergileri;2014, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p115
Developing and getting crowded of the cities require the comprehensive development planning of the cities. Bigger cities cause new infrastructure requirements that need spending more public sources. Public sector investments, zoning plan amendments yield to extraordinary improvement in value of...
- Transfer of Property. // Accountancy;Jul1968, Vol. 79 Issue 899, p481
The article presents the case of whether a transfer of registered land was exempted from stamp duty under the head of charge conveyance or transfer of sale in Great Britain. The article also describes the details of the case, legal precedents, implications on taxation and judgment.