Sustainable development in Central America: translating regional environmental accords into domestic enforcement action
- Canadian environmental law: An overview. Cotton, Roger; Zimmer, John S. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1992, Vol. 18, p63
Provides an overview of environmental law in Canada. Constitutional framework; Significant provisions of federal and provincial environmental legislation; Federal and provincial environmental assessment; Federal environmental assessment reform; Canadian environmental jurisprudence.
- Environmental planning on federal facilities. Wilcox, Jr., William A. // Army Lawyer;Sep98, Issue 310, p16
Focuses on environmental planning regulations on federal facilities in the United States. Environmental planning requirements; Use of environmental review; Application of various environmental laws; Management of environmental planning.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT AND JUDICIAL APPROACHES TO PROCEDURAL ERRORSï¿½A EUROPEAN AND COMPARATIVE LAW ANALYSIS. Ladeur, Karl-Heinz; Prelle, Rebecca // Journal of Environmental Law;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p185
Demonstrates how environmental assessment and judicial approaches to procedural errors have posed particular challenges to the implementation of the Directive in Germany. Future courts' need to develop more coherent and consistent European approaches towards judicial review; Case law on...
- SIGNIFICANT UK ENVIRONMENTAL CASES APRIL 2000-DECEMBER 2000. Abrahams, Darren // Journal of Environmental Law;2001, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p263
Presents several significant environmental cases in Great Britain from April to December 2000. Environmental impact assessment; Human rights; Nature conservation; Nuisance.
- Fast Facts. // California Today;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p3
The article presents statistics on environmental issues in California including then-governor Ronald Reagan approving the California Environmental Quality Act in 1970, 1,600 to 1,800 complete Environmental Impact Reports made per year, and 1 of 354 projects that had been addressed into the court.
- Defining the Project Purpose under NEPA: Promoting Consideration of Viable EIS Alternatives. Czarnezki, Jason J. // University of Chicago Law Review;Spring2003, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p599
Examines how U.S. courts should construe environmental impact statement (EIS) project goals under the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA). Basic foundation for EIS alternative analysis; Conflicting positions in caselaw supporting narrow versus general goal formulations in project...
- European Directive on Strategic Environmental Assessment. // Journal of Environmental Law;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p131
Discusses the European Commission's Directive on Strategic Environmental Assessment. Extension of environmental assessment to the types of plans and programs that form an underlying context for specific projects; Aim of the directive.
- Recommendations for Complying With Ballona Wetlands' Definitive Rejection of "Converse-CEQA" Analysis. Hernandez, Jennifer; Maclean, Chelsea // Environmental Law Reporter: News & Analysis;Nov2012, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p11037
The article discusses the recommendations for the compliance to the definitive rejection of the Converse- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) analysis of Ballona Wetlands case. It states three court decisions to support the analysis rejection, such as holding the environmental impact...
- International Environmental Agreements and Associations. // Bahrain Country Review;2010, p129
The article offers information on various international environmental agreements and associations in Bahrain including the major international environmental accords, major international marine accords, and the major convention on living resources.