Still dirty after twenty-five years: water quality standard enforcement and the availability of citizen suits
- New EPA report to track progress. // Pit & Quarry;Jul96, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the report `Environmental Indicators of Water Quality in the United States,' by the US Environmental Protection Agency. Basis for measuring the effectiveness of water quality protection efforts; Portion of the United States population which is at risk from exposure to...
- Evaluation of R-EMAP techniques for the measurement of ecological integrity of streams in Washington State's coast range ecoregion Merritt, G.; White, J. // Environmental Monitoring & Assessment;Jun1998, Vol. 51 Issue 1/2, p345
We used methods from EPA's Environmental Monitoring and Assessment Program (EMAP) to assess the regional status of streams within the Coast Range ecoregion of Washington State. Study objectives were: to determine the ecological condition of wadable, 1st-order through 3rd-order streams; to...
- EPA to Investigate Toxins, Stressors in SF Bay-Delta. // WaterWorld;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to examine the effectiveness of the existing water quality programs affecting the condition of the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary in California through the Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPR).
- Tracing the pathways for sewage along the Florida Keys. // BioCycle;Dec95, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p24
Reports that the in an effort to protect the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, the Environmental Protection Agency and the state of Florida has implemented a water quality program. What the program will do; Comments from Lea Monaghan, Penn State University graduate student on geosciences;...
- Integrated Sampling is the Answer to Protecting the World's Most Precious Resource. Thurston, Colin; Gleichauf, Gayle // Asian Environmental Technology;Aug/Sep2013, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on the monitoring of water samples with the help of Library Information Management System (LIMS), and compliance with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations for clean drinking water.
- EPA issues CAA section 112(k) urban air toxics inventory. Bergeson, Lynn L. // Pollution Engineering;Nov97, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p23
Describes efforts to implement Congress' mandate under various sections of the Clean Air Act of 1996 in the United States. Need for the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to identify sources of at least 30 hazardous air pollutants (HAPs); EPA's compilation of emissions information for...
- Superfund=superliability. Arnold, James R.; Buchwald, Gerald J. // ABA Journal;Sep93, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p117
Discusses various aspects concerning environmental law. Variety of services offered by environmental lawyers; Nonlegal roles assumed by environmental lawyers; Applications of liability claims; Problems faced by environmental law practitioners; Implications of the US Environmental Protection...
- A two-pronged GOP approach to environmental regulations. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;7/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 162, p2
Reports on the prolonged GOP approach to environmental regulations and a regulatory reform bill which is put to vote on July 17, 1995 which would confront EPA with many procedural requirements in procuring regulations.
- EPA moves to iron out risk management plans. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/12/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 14, p28
Reports on the decision of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to seek public comment on risk management plans (RMPs) required under the Clean Air Act of 1993. Reasons for the move; Opportunities presented to the industry. INSETS: OSHA's process safety standard comes up to speed, by...