- PROPERTY RIGHT TAKING AND COMPENSATION: A FURTHER ANALYSIS. Hackbart, Merlin M.; Madden, John L. // Annals of Regional Science;Mar1978, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p82
Considers two related aspects of land use planning issues and restrictions. Review of legal property rights issues regarding the need for compensation if property rights are restricted by a land use covenant; Extension of capitalized value theory as method for conceptualizing the appropriate...
- States' Rights. Mattson-Teig, Beth // Retail Traffic;Sep2005, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the introduction of legislation to ban condemnation by eminent domain in the U.S. Right of government to take private property for private uses; Effects of eminent domain on revitalization. INSET: TWO SMALL DOMAINS.
- Private land use, changing public values, and notions of... Butler, Lynda L. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1992, Vol. 1992 Issue 3, p629
Focuses on the government land use regulations for private property. Reaction of private property owners to expanded land use regulation; Views of property owners to regulations which have economic impact; What is recognized in the Due Process and Takings Clauses of the Constitution.
- Oregon Gets Taken. // American Prospect;10/21/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p17
Provides information on property rights law in Oregon. Coverage of the Measure 7 legislation; Details of a property rights court case filed against the county government of Jacksonville; Brief background on land-use planning law; Views on the overregulation of property rights in the state.
- Court hands victory to property owners. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;6/29/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 151, p3
Reports on a decision by the United States Supreme Court, which expands the ability to receive government compensation when regulations impact the value or use of land, and details a case regarding private property in Rhode Island.
- Legislation Senate Committee Debates Bill Curbing Eminent Domain. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32222, p5
Reports on the controversy over the bill aimed at curbing eminent domain by members of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the U.S. Details on the hearing of the legislation; Explanation made by John Roberts, President Bush's nominee for chief justice, that Congress has the power to override...
- Alabama Legislators Move to Limit Use of Eminent Domain. Go, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32181, p6
Reports that the Alabama House and Senate has passed identical bills intended to restrict the use of eminent domain. Basis of the U.S. Supreme Court decision on the use of eminent domain; Views of Governor Bob Riley concerning Alabama's property protection; Use of the eminent domain to improve...
- RLUIPA and Eminent Domain: Probing the Boundaries of Religious Land Use Protection. Baker, Matthew // Brigham Young University Law Review;2008, Vol. 2008 Issue 4, p1213
The article investigates the boundaries of religious land use protection under the religious Land Use and Institutionalized Persons Act of 2000 (RLUIPA) in the U.S. It offers a brief overview of the ratification of the RLUIPA. It summarizes the facts and analyzes the reasoning of the few court...
- EXPANDING THE GAP: HOW THE RURAL PROPERTY SYSTEM EXACERBATES CHINA'S URBAN-RURAL GAP. James, Benjamin W. // Columbia Journal of Asian Law;Spring2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p451
The article discusses the history of land ownership and use rights in China since the foundation of the People's Republic of China in 1949. Relevant Chinese laws that form the legal framework of the country's rural property system are examined. It also addresses how the system results in...