- Communicating with customers about quality. Wiant, Chris J. // Journal of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug1998, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p47
Presents information on an additional requirement to the 1996 version of the 1974 Safe Drinking Act (SDWA), highlighting that the updated version of the SDWA final rules is be publicly declared in by the United States Environmental Agency by August,1998. Components of customer confidence...
- Cheers, jeers for Senate bill. Ichniowski, Tom; Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/30/94, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p7
Reports on the US Senate's approval of the rewriting of the Safe Drinking Water Act. Provisions under the bill; Budget earmarked for drinking water state revolving funds (SRFs); Opposition of environmentalists to bill.
- Senate votes to ease tap water law. // Contractor Magazine;Jun94, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the United States Senate's decision to modify the Safe Drinking Water Act and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Purpose of the proposed legislation; Environmentalist groups' opposition to the decision.
- Drinking water bill offered. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/25/93, Vol. 231 Issue 17, p10
Reports on proposed legislation on drinking water projects. Problems with Safe Drinking Water Act; Authorization of state revolving fund; Flexibility for Environmental Protection Agency enforcement and small water systems' compliance; Standard for radon provision; Development of state compliance...
- Fish tale. Koehl, Carla; Howard, Lucy // Newsweek;5/1/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 18, p6
Reports that environmentalists and Native Americans have filed suit to force ranchers to comply with the Clean Water Act, claiming that livestock contaminate Western rivers and destroy wild salmon habitat. Brief details; When a ruling is expected.
- Congress stalled on SDWA, Clean Water Act. Crow, Patrick // WaterWorld;Sep95, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the attempts of the US Congress to reauthorize the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) or the Clean Water Act (CWA). Reasons why the bills were stalled in the Senate; President Bill Clinton's revised package of federal spending cuts; Environmental Protection Agency's protest against...
- Time for Congress to act. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Sep95, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p7
Editorial. Comments on the US Congress' failure to promptly reauthorize the Clean Water Act (CWA) and Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). Predictions on the stalling of both bills in Congress in 1995; Major problems in the CWA and the SDWA.
- Election year may stall Congressional action. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Jan96, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p7
Editorial. Discusses Congressional action concerning the Clean Water Act and the Safe Drinking Water Act. Writer's predictions on Congress' actions; Writers' perception of the Environmental Protection Agency; Explanation of Information Collection Rule.
- Streamlined methods approval. // WaterWorld;May97, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the Environmental Protection Agency's proposal to streamline the process for approval of analytical methods under the 1996 Clean Water Act and Safe Drinking Water Act.