KFC Western, Inc. v. Meghrig: The merits and implications of awarding restitution to citizen plaintiffs under RCRA 6972 (a)(1)(B)
- The Buffalo River: A jurisprudence of preservation. Ragsdale Jr., John W. // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Spring94, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p429
Advocates the isolation and application of more socially focused laws to successfully preserve precious natural resources in Buffalo River, Arkansas. Existence of preservation scheme; Necessity of jurisprudence; Need and power as prerequisites of preservation.
- Statement on signing the Water Resources Development Act of 1996. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/21/96, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p2062
Presents the statement of the President of the United States on signing the Water Resources Development Act of 1996 on October 12, 1996.
- Bush sell-off. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jul-Sep96, Issue 61, p23
Focuses on South Australia State Government's proposal to sell 50 hectares of native bushland at Mylor in the Adelaide Hills.
- Industry Leaders Ponder Hazardous Waste Management // Waste Age;Nov1979, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p10
No abstract available.
- RMA update. Milne, Christopher // Chartered Accountants Journal;May98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p19
Examines the controversy surrounding the Resource Management Act 1991 of New Zealand. Details of the act; How the act defines the environment; Difficulties created as a result of the act.
- Secret Deal Made. Burton, Bob // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec99, Issue 74, p93
Reports on the amendment of the draft Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Bill. Four environment groups which made the secret negotiation with the Federal Environment Minister and Australian democrats; Groups excluded from the discussions; Restrictions of the law.
- Temporary relief proposed for small businesses. // EPA Journal;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p4
Reports that the deadline by which small businesses must comply with the requirements set by the 1988 Resource Conservation and Recovery Act has been extended to December 31, 1992.
- A `cradle to cradle' debate in Congress. Becker, Julie C. // EPA Journal;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p35
Reports on the provisions and implications of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976, a law that serves to control wastes from generation to disposal. Relevance of the legislation; Issues on local landfills; Need to create markets; `Green' advertising; Sham recycling; Recycling of...
- Old business awaits the new team. Byrnes, Patricia // Wilderness (07366477);Spring93, Vol. 56 Issue 200, p4
Lists some of the more important conservation measures that should be acted upon by the 103rd Congress. Includes focus of the legislation, congressional backers and prospects for passage. Arctic National Wildlife Refuge; California Desert Protection Act; Mining Law Reform Legislation; Ancient...