- Planning and the use of private property. von Tungeln, Jim // Public Management (00333611);Aug97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p23
Offers advice to public officials on how to approach citizens about issues related to the use of private property. General benefits of good planning.
- Abusive coverage of wise use movement. Kincaid, Cliff // Human Events;10/23/93, Vol. 53 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the Fly-in-for-Freedom conference in Washington, D.C. Organized by the Alliance for America; Participated by people who depend on the development of private lands for livelihood; Charges on being anti-environmental; Joe Farah and Fred Smith as guest speakers; Advice from Smith.
- Leapfrogging the Constitution: the rise of state takings legislation Cordes, Mark W. // Ecology Law Quarterly;1997, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p187
No abstract available.
- Goodbye, Ramapo. Hello, Yakima and Isle of Palms Lewis, Sylvia // Planning;Jul1992, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p9
No abstract available.
- PROPERTY RIGHT TAKING AND COMPENSATION: A FURTHER ANALYSIS. Hackbart, Merlin M.; Madden, John L. // Annals of Regional Science;Mar1978, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p82
Considers two related aspects of land use planning issues and restrictions. Review of legal property rights issues regarding the need for compensation if property rights are restricted by a land use covenant; Extension of capitalized value theory as method for conceptualizing the appropriate...
- State seeks condemnations for easements. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);2/7/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 4, pA5
The article reports that two Spokane, Washington-area couples are facing condemnation actions by the Washington state Department of Transportation. According to the author, the department is seeking permanent subterranean rights to the couples' Mead properties for its North Spokane Corridor...
- Three Views of a Secret: Land Rights and the Constitution of Local Citizenship in West Africa. Jacob, Jean-Pierre; Le Meur, Pierre-Yves // Africa Spectrum;2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p89
The article discusses the concept of land rights and citizenship in Western Africa. It explores how land access defines the citizenship of both locals and immigrants. It explains the significance of land rights to local authorities and its role in creating settlements and communities. The views...
- Jury Trial OK in Civil Rights Takings Case. Savage, David G. // ABA Journal;Jul99, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p38
Reports that property rights advocates won a right to a federal jury trial in a land-use case. Jury verdict against the city of Monterey, California; Fractured opinion of the Court regarding the developer's claim; What the Court denied to property rights advocates.
- Exacted Conservation Easements. Owley, Jessica // Probate & Property;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p51
The article discusses various issues with the enforcement of exacted conservation easement in the U.S. It informs that a conservation easement is a nonpossessory interest in land which restricts the ability of a landowner to use the land in a permissible way to achieve conservation benefit....