- "CEQA-in-Reverse" Case Headed for the California Supreme Court. McNeil, Rick; Frank, Jon; Bak, Connie // Orange County Business Journal;5/12/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 19, pB-50
The article discusses the expected decision of the California Supreme Court in the California Building Industry Association v. Bay Area Air Quality Management District case on whether the reverse Environmental Impact Report (EIR) requirement is mandated by the California Environmental Quality...
- Protect CEQA Campaign. // California Today;Mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p3
The article features a campaign by the Planning and Conservation League (PCL) to support the protection of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) from rollbacks.
- Expanding CEQA process by proactive planning. McIntyre, Bruce // San Diego Business Journal;03/24/97, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p19
Focuses on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), approved in 1973. Impact the CEQA had on the development process; Details on the CEQA; Public option about the CEQA.
- Builders doubt infill future under CEQA. Harvey, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/23/2012, p1
The article focuses on the doubt of builders regarding a growing number of infill projects under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Granville Homes' president Darius Assemi mentions that CEQA, which was created in 1970s for environmental protection, stops or kills projects or...
- Coping With Shortages. Sewill, Ann; Kleinhenz, Robert // California Real Estate;Jan/Feb2017, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p26
The authors reflect on boosting housing supply in California, increasing housing affordability and sales, and need for changes in Proposition 13 and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- PROTECTING A PREMIER ENVIRONMENTAL LAW. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p56
The article informs that the Planning and Conservation League (PCL), National Wildlife Federation's California affiliate, has thwarted attempts of developers to weaken the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Since the late 1960s, the PCL has been involved with the establishment and...
- You've Got CEQA Questions, We've Got Answers! Saydell, Justin // California Today;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p7
The article presents questions and answers on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) including the functions of CEQA.
- In re Bay-Delta: CEQA Decision Adds Certainty to Water Planning. Brown, Jeremy // California Law Review;Dec2009, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p1877
The article discusses the case In re Bay-Delta, which challenges the plan of collaborative thirty-plan for the troubled estuary under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in California. Accordingly, the unanimous decision of the Supreme Court adds certainty to the uncertain water...
- SAVE TARA AND THE MODERN STATE OF THE CALIFORNIA ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY ACT. Nelson, Todd // Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review;2011, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p289
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) requires public review of all public and private projects that are subject to a public agency's approval. Unlike many other states' environmental laws, CEQA requires that projects that create significant environmental impacts not be approved if...
- Substantive Enforcement of the California Environmental Quality Act. Perlstein, Joel T. // California Law Review;Jan1981, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p112
Comments on the means of judicially enforcing the substantive duties imposed by the 1976 amendments to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Information on the CEQA; Agency responsibilities under CEQA; Problems with the Act.