The consultation provision of Section 7(a)(2) of the Endangered Species Act and its application to delegable federal programs
- US biodefenseâ€”shocking and awful. // Nature Biotechnology;Jun2007, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p603
The author reflects on the developments surrounding the U.S. BioShield Program. The Pandemic and All-Hazard Preparedness Act passed by the Congress mandates the reorganization of the $5.6 billion BioShield program. Furthermore, the Act also contains an indemnity clause that would protect any...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Missoula Independent;4/28/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
The article offers news briefs related to community events in Missoula, Montana including presentation of 2012 budget of Major John Engen, an agreement between Republican lawmakers and Governor Brian Schweitzer and the initial approval of House and Senate to the Senate Bill 423 dealing on...
- Third Frontier program to be renewed, expanded. // Toledo Business Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p33
The article reports on the passage of the resolution to renew and expand the Third Frontier program of Ohio by the House of Representatives which has created more than 40,000 high-technology jobs in the state.
- Texas Lawmakers OK 50-Year Water Plan Amid Controversy. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32639, p36
The article reports on the approval of first new 50-year statewide water-supply plan by the Texas Legislature. On May 28, 2007, SB 3 was sent to Governor Rick Perry as lawmakers concluded adoption of the state's $125.5 billion biannual budget and a battle over the House speaker's post. The plan...
- Texas' Alamo RMA May Sell Its First Debt for $2.2B Toll Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32671, p44
The article reports on the statement of Texas officials that the Alamo Regional Mobility Authority (RMA) could issue its first debt for a $2.2 billion toll project by the end of 2007. The U.S. 280 and Loop 1604's expansions as toll projects for the RMA created by legislation in 2003. In June...
- A status review of state threatened and endangered species programs and the Massachusetts initiative Griffin, Curtice R.; French, Thomas W. // Endangered Species Update;Mar1993, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
No abstract available.
- Taxation without representation is back in Arizona! Rogers, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p28
The author reflects on the move of legislature and the governor to cut budgets but granted unlimited fee or tax authority to several agencies in Tucson, Arizona. He states that this move has no balanced budget since they are simply transferring costs. He suggests that there is a need for...
- House rejects sunsetting unfunded mandates bill. // Human Events;2/17/95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the US House of Representatives' rejection on the addition of a five-year sunset amendment to the Mandate Reform Bill on February 1, 1995. Expiration of the provision which inhibits Congress' ability to pass the costs of its programs and regulations on to lower levels of government;...
- Senate rejects adding sunset provision to mandate reform bill. // Human Events;2/17/95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the US Senate's rejection of adding a sunset provision to the Mandate Reform Bill on January 27, 1995. Senator Carl Levin as sunset amendment sponsor; Support for the tabling motion.