- Municipal Wastewater Trends--Technology, management and the state of municipal wastewater. // Pollution Engineering;Oct2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p20
Examines the major investment in wasterwater treatment in the United States. Goal of sanitary wastewater engineers; Provision of sewage treatment for highly populated areas; Emphasis on quality treatment and cost effective management.
- Validation and implementation of model based control strategies at an industrial wastewater plant. Demey, D.; Vanderhaegen, B.; Vanhooren, H.; Liessens, J.; Van Eyck, L.; Hopkins, L.; Vanrolleghem, P.A. // Water Science & Technology;2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2/3, p145
Demonstrates the implementation of advanced control strategies at am industrial wastewater treatment plant. Use of model based techniques; Process characteristics of the wastewater treatment; Development of a dynamical model of the complete wastewater plant.
- Relay POWER. // Pollution Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p32
Focuses on the use of utility-grade motor protection relays by the Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, Colorado. Challenges faced in the disposal of solid waste; Use of biosolids extracted from water for soil amendment; Suitability of treated water for agriculture, aquatic life,...
- Biological treatment of a high salinity chemical industrial wastewater Abeliovich, A.; Brenner, A.; Belkin, S. // Water Science & Technology;1993, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p105
No abstract available.
- Lessons learnt at ICA2001. Olsson, G. // Water Science & Technology;2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4/5, p1
Provides an introduction and general experiences and conclusions from the first IWA Conference on Instrumentation, Control and Automation held in Sweden in June 2001. Advances in instrumentation, control and automation in wastewater treatment systems; Sensors for wastewater characterization,...
- Sludge control stabilizes operation of BNR process. // WaterWorld;Jan2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10
Features the Royce Model 7700 SRT Control System for optimizing the wasting from activated sludge treatment. Specifications and capabilities of the system.
- Industrial wastewater treatment by UASB reactor. Gupta, S.K. // Chemical Business;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, pXXV
Focuses on the upflow anaerobic sludge blanket (UASB) process of wastewater treatment. Feasibility of the process for the treatment of cane sugar, brewery and distillery industrial wastewaters; Benefits of using the UASB process; Ability to treat wastewater containing toxic compounds;...
- Perception on untreated wastewater irrigation for vegetable production in Ghana. Owusu, Victor; Bakang, John-Eudes; Abaidoo, Robert; Kinane, Modeste // Environment, Development & Sustainability;Feb2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p135
Using household-level survey data, this study investigates farmers' perceptions on untreated wastewater use for irrigation of vegetable farms in urban and peri-urban Kumasi of Ghana. Empirical results from an ordered probit model show that there is some relationship between personal...
- Choice of the sand for sand filters used for secondary treatment of wastewater. Liénard, A.; Guellaf, H.; Boutin, C. // Water Science & Technology;2001, Vol. 44 Issue 2/3, p189
Evaluates the utilization of sand for sand filters used for secondary treatment of wastewater in France. Importance of sufficient permeability; Factors affecting permeability; Adjustment of infiltration test.