The interdependency of community and member state activity on natureprotection within the European Community
- Implementing EC Conservation Law. // Journal of Environmental Law;2006, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p135
This article presents an analysis on the implementation of European Community environmental law on habitat conservation. The Commission of the European Communities requests the European Court of Justice to declare that Great Britain and Northern Ireland failed to fulfill their obligations under...
- The Impact of Agricultural Policy on the Costs of Nature Conservation. Willis, K. G.; Benson, J. F.; Saunders, Caroline M. // Land Economics;May88, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p147
The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (WCA 1981) permits the conservation of Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) by the voluntary negotiation of management agreements between the Nature Conservancy Council (NCC) and the landowner or tenant farmer. The WCA 1981 was enacted in response to...
- EUROPEAN Ph.D. IN SCIENCE FOR CONSERVATION. Simionescu, Ana-Bogdana // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);2008, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p724
The article focuses on the European doctor of philosophy (Ph.D.) in Science for Conservation (EPISCON) project, funded by the Marie Curie programme of the European Community to promote the synergy between the cultural heritage field, natural sciences and engineering. It notes that project aims...
- The point of a view. McMahon, E.T. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p26
Opinion. Contends that the aesthetic values exemplified by conservationists ' efforts to preserve the United States' natural heritage are as valid as any other function of government, such as public health or economic considerations. How conservationists finally forced the owners of the Navajo...
- No net loss of wetlands. // Outdoor Life;Oct90, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p20
Opinion. Presents a message from President George Bush on the importance of protecting America's wetlands. Wetlands Task Force; Responsibility of citizens.
- Wetlands: Critical links in natural ecosystems. // Outdoor Life;Oct90, Vol. 186 Issue 4, p21
Opinion. Argues in favor of a strong conservation section in the proposed 1990 Farm Bill and other legislation to protect America's wetlands.
- New range purchased for Pennsylvania elk. Fegely, T. // Outdoor Life;Jan91, Vol. 187 Issue 1, p8
Reports that three chapters of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF) donated $38,000 to the Pennsylvania Game Commission to help buy land in the elk range in Elk county for American elk to roam on.
- Thinking like a mountain. Leopold, A. // Mother Earth News;May/Jun89, Issue 117, p10
Opinion. Criticizes the human desire to control nature instead of leaving it to its own wildness. Report of a 1944 essay by conservationist Aldo Leopold.
- FROM THE FIELD. // Wilderness Society's Quarterly Newsletter;Summer2000, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on developments of note for, and about, wilderness conservationists in the United States, current as of September 4, 2000. Proposal to connect Yellowstone National Park with other large protected places; Revision of a management plan for White River National Forest in Colorado.