- Household migration and the structuration of patriarchy: evidence from the USA Halfacree, Keith H. // Progress in Human Geography;Jun1995, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p159
No abstract available.
- Executive Summary. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2007 3rd Quarter, p5
The article presents several information related to the social and economic development in Venezuela.
- Love or money. McCloskey, Deirdre N. // Eastern Economic Journal;Winter96, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p97
Focuses on love in economics. Adam Smith's authorship of the book `The Theory of Moral Sentiments,' which celebrated love; Ways in which economists preserve their simple view of the word `love'; Men's unconscious reliance on the separation theorem; Jeremy Bentham's role in seizing the...
- Homo-economicus in the city: Towards an urban socio-economic... Munro, Moira // Urban Studies (Routledge);Dec95, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p1609
Discusses the debates and approaches in socio-economics. Application of the socio-economic approach to the urban research agenda; Decision making in socio-economics; Socio-economics and collectivities.
- A freer country means a more prosperous people. Rumsfeld, Donald // Christian Science Monitor;7/30/96, Vol. 88 Issue 171, p19
Opinion. Focuses on the findings of a study entitled `World Survey of Economic Freedom,' by Freedom House, about world political freedom. Association of freedom to wealth; Social conditions of citizens who are deprived of basic political and economic freedoms; Characteristics of countries with...
- Japan's untouchables Evans, Richard // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Nov1990, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p46
No abstract available.
- Towards a general theory of X-efficiency. Shen, T.Y. // Journal of Socio-Economics;Winter91, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p277
Explores a dynamic framework for efficiency in the economic life of an individual. Relationships among effort choice, output, income consumption, saving and utility; Intertemporal relationship of utility levels; Matching law and the effort function; Adaptation and aspiration; Norm of efficiency.
- The socio-economic perspective and its institutional prospects. Stern, Paul C. // Journal of Socio-Economics;Spring93, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
Describes the gap in knowledge, sketches the basic propositions of socio-economics and the research agenda that follows from them, and discusses the potential for socio-economics to develop into a coherent field. Characterization of socio-economic as an interdisciplinary perspective;...
- On theorizing the complexity of economic systems. Le Moigne, Jean-Louis // Journal of Socio-Economics;Fall95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p477
Reports on the complexity of economic systems. Reference to `The Failure of Armchair Economics'; Reasons for failure in considering alternative paradigms; Features of the concept of complexity; Intelligent reasoning of complexity.