- Keys to California's water law (or `water wars for dummies'). Betancourt // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/30/99, Issue 322505, p6
Examines key principles shaping California's water law. Section in the state Constitution dealing with water law; Water rights under the 1887 Wright Act; Intent of the 1902 Reclamation Act.
- The California Irrigation Right. Hess, R. H. // California Law Review;Jan1917, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p142
Analyzes the principles of property in irrigation waters in California. Comparison between the California and the Colorado systems of irrigation law; Background on several irrigation-related legislatures in California; Examples of legal cases, which reflected issues concerning irrigation laws;...
- Evolving Water Policies in the United States. Cobb, Gary D. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec73, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p1003
Describes a number of emerging water policies in the United States. Description of the Water Resources Council and its function; Details of the planning policies; Review of the principles and standards for water and related land resources planning in December 1968.
- Mexican National Water Plan: Organization and Preliminary Assessment. Villareal, Fernando J. Gonzalez // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec73, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p1008
Focuses on the national water plan of Mexico. Structure of the water resources planning of Mexico; Objectives of the national water plan; Water demand in Mexico; Projected developments in water resources.
- Chinatown: Owens Valley and Western Water Reallocation-Getting the Record Straight and What It Means for Water Markets. Libecap, Gary D. // Texas Law Review;Jun2005, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p2055
Examines the relationship between land and water rights owners in Owens Valley and the Water Board of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power in California. Analysis of the negotiations between representatives of Los Angeles and Owens Valley farmers to determine the sources of bargaining...
- Water, Inc. // NACLA Report on the Americas;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p14
Explores issues concerning water rights in Latin America.
- Protection in Means of Diversion of Ground-Water Supplies. Hutchins, Wells A. // California Law Review;Nov40, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the doctrines of ground-water law in the U.S. Concepts of the ownership and rights to the use of percolating waters; Details of the right to use ground water; Doctrines of private ownership.
- WATER RIGHTS AND WRONGS. Shapiro, David L. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec69, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p139
Analyzes the impact of water laws on water allocation in the United States. Causes of the misallocation of water resources; Legal reform necessary for the creation of a market for water rights; Types of water rights; Nature of water rights.
- Ballot Initiatives Spell Trouble For Ag. Marshall, Troy // Beef Expert Blog;6/14/2012, p2
The article repots that ballot initiatives in the U.S. may bring trouble to the agriculture industry. An example of a ballot initiative is one in Colorado that targets water right laws which can impact agriculture. It is noted that ballot initiatives are hard to defeat as it needs around 3 to 5...