Promises of a viable homeland, reality of selective reclamation: a study of the relationship between the Winters doctrine and federal water development in the western United States
- The anatomy of the great California water debate. Kaufman, Richard F. // Journal of the West;Oct95, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p77
Focuses on the history on the water rights problem in California. Conflict between southern Californians and northern Californians; State's 1850 Constitution as the origin of the water rights problem; Court decisions regarding riparian water rights; Californians' perceptions of themselves as a...
- IdentificaciÃ³n de cambios estructurales en el flujo histÃ³rico de agua del RÃo Bravo en El Paso y Fort Quitman. Germán-Soto, Vicente; Escobedo Sagaz, José Luis // Estudios Fronterizos;jul-dic2012, Vol. 13 Issue 26, p109
We analyze the surface water flow of Rio Grande between El Paso-Ciudad Juarez and Fort Quitman and estimate the structural changes occurred during 1923-2005. The study is based on a set of econometric equations to examine trends and turning points in data of time series. We find that water flow...
- A History of Water Rights at Common Law. Smith, James Charles // Law & History Review;Spring2006, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p220
Reviews the book "A History of Water Rights at Common Law," by Joshua Getzler.
- A logjam on the issue of water. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;8/4/95, Vol. 87 Issue 175, p2
Reports a disruption in talks between PLO and Israel on expansion of Palestinian self-rule in the West bank due to the issue of water sharing.
- The Goshen and Mona Water Dispute, 1873-1881: A Case Study of the Struggle between Ecclesiastical and Secular Authority in Utah. BRIMHALL, CLINTON; BRIMHALL, SANDRA DAWN // Utah Historical Quarterly;Fall2010, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p326
The article presents an historical case study of the Utah dispute of water use and water rights between the towns of Goshen and Mona occurring from 1873 to 1881, focusing particularly on how the debate represents issues between the ecclesiastical power of the Church of Latter Day Saints and the...
- Israel and the PLO bridged gaps. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham; Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 165, p2
Reports advancement in peace talks between Israel and PLO. Agreement on water rights in West Bank.
- The Colorado Doctrine: Water Rights, Corporations, and Distributive Justice on the American Frontier. Shurts, John // Journal of American History;Sep2013, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p537
The article reviews the book "The Colorado Doctrine: Water Rights, Corporations, and Distributive Justice on the American Frontier," by David Schorr.
- A preview of coming attractions? Wyoming v. United States and the reserved rights doctrine Rusinek, Walter // Ecology Law Quarterly;1990, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p355
No abstract available.
- Water rights and the public trust doctrine: resolution of the Mono Lake controversy Koehler, Cynthia L. // Ecology Law Quarterly;1995, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
No abstract available.