""Ecology tankers" and the Oil Pollution Act of 1990: a history of efforts to require double hulls on oil tankers
- Sources of ocean pollution. // Science World;04/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 13, p11
Shows a pie chart depicting the sources of ocean pollution. Percent of air pollution; Percent of runoff from land.
- Phenomena, comment and notes. Wiley Jr., J.P.; Wang, P. // Smithsonian;Sep88, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p32
Describes reading through a months' worth of newspapers in one day. The pattern of environmental concern gleaned from the flow of articles was that the water, fish and shellfish of the Atlantic Ocean were dying, and brown tides were spreading. The future looks grim.
- Worked to death. Harrigan, S. // Texas Monthly;Oct88, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p128
A report on the polluting of Galveston Bay, ringed by refineries, industry and wastewater treatment plants. The effect pollution is having on marine life, shoreline and those who depend on the bay for their income.
- Marine pollution, fishers, and the pillars of the land: A tort recovery standard for pure... Mulhern, Pegeen // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;Fall90, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p85
Proposes a uniform threshold standard to consider pure economic losses in marine pollution cases. Causes of action to recover pure economic losses; Physical injury rule in maritime cases; Exceptions to the physical injury rule; Judicial efforts to impose limits to liability; Maritime...
- Wretched refuse off our shoes. Millemann, B. // Sierra;Jan/Feb89, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the millions of tons of solid waste legally dumped off the coasts of America each year, and the damage it, along with the tons of urban and agricultural runoff, do. Talks about sludge-dumping controls, alternatives and studies, waste problems, proposal to bury sludge at sea and outlook.
- Ocean junkyard causes feud. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Oct97, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p10
Reports how the junk litter in Alabama coast has caused a feud between fishermen and shrimpers in the area. Complaint of shrimpers; Action taken by states officials to solve the problem.
- Deep trouble under the sea. Eskin, L. // Scholastic Update;4/21/89, Vol. 121 Issue 15, p8
Reports on pollution of the oceans. Causes; Effects; Solutions.
- Evaluation of the Stress Exerted by a Polluted Environment to a Marine Organism by Comparative Toxicity Tests Rogdakis, I.; Verriopoulos, G.; Moraitou-Apostolopoulou, M. // Bulletin of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Apr1982, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p416
No abstract available.
- Movement of Mercury from Minamata Bay into Yatsushiro Sea Miyahara, S.; Miller, D. R.; Kudo, A. // Water Science & Technology;1981, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p509
No abstract available.