Environmental values and judicial review after Lujan: two critiques of the separation of powers theory of standing
- Powers and Rights: Two Centuries of American Constitutionalism. Keller, Morton // Journal of American History;Dec1987, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p675
Discusses the history of U.S. Constitutionalism. Themes of U.S. Constitutionalism; Creation of a constitutional draft in Philadelphia in 1787; Ability of the Constitution to serve as a charter of American government; Presence of judicial review and two-party politics in U.S. polity.
- The scope and constitutionality of judicial review under the Tunney Act: United States... Teitelbaum, Joshua C. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Spring96, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p941
Discusses the scope and constitutionality of judicial review under the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act of 1974. Analysis of the case `United States v. Microsoft Corp.'; Relationship between complaint and remedy in evaluating the public interest; Potential constitutional defects of the Act.
- Mr. Justice Nemo's Social Statics. Sidak, J. Gregory // Texas Law Review;Feb2001, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p737
Examines how the evolutionary theory of law would yield a different reading of the Constitution from that which flows from the prevailing, imperative theory of law. Aversion to objective knowledge in constitutional adjudication and scholarship; Evolutionary approach to judicial review.
- Report on Proposed Federal Criminal Code. // Business Lawyer;Jan1979, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p724
Presents a report on the proposed Federal Criminal Code. History of Criminal Code Reform; Provisions of the sections in proper objectives of criminal law reform; Features of the general issues in constitutional and judicial reviews.
- Judicial review: a practising judge's perspective. Breyer, S // Oxford Journal of Legal Studies;Summer99, Vol. 19 Issue 2
In this lecture Justice Breyer examines three classical criticisms of constitutional judicial review. Those criticisms say that a grant to unelected judges of the power to set aside legislation as contrary to a written constitution leads to judicial decision-making that is (a) undemocratic, (b)...
- QUESTION PRESENTED. // Defense Counsel Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p406
The article offers information about the judicial review of the Tenth Circuit district court order for the removal of evidences.
- International Law as a Common Language for National Courts. Francioni, Francesco // Texas International Law Journal;2001 Special Issue, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p587
Focuses on the distinctive trends in administrative law in Europe. Increase of the area of law in territories reserve to private law and in dynamic sectors; Reduction of the application of its scope; Provision of judicial review of administrative decisions.
- Two out of three unable to say. // Farmers Weekly;4/19/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p18
Reports that law firms associated with the failed judicial review in Great Britain were unable to conform whether they would back an appeal for a public inquiry.
- Think Things, Not Words. Carter, Lief H. // Journal of Politics;May81, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p317
Comments on an article on United States judicial review. Reservations on the article's conclusion; Changes in the frequency of judicial review.