- The endangered Endangered Species Act: political economy of the northern spotted owl owl Liverman, Marc C. // Endangered Species Update;Aug/Sep1990, Vol. 7 Issue 10/11, p1
No abstract available.
- The Endangered Species Act as a Tool to Conserve Biological Diversity. Solow, Andrew R.; Polasky, Stephen // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1999 3rd Quarter, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the 1973 Endangered Species Act (ESA) goal of preventing species extinctions. Approach to conservation; Provisions of the ESA; Conclusion.
- Good land stewardship is a liability for cattle ranchers Hyde, Myra B. // Endangered Species Update;Mar1996, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p7
No abstract available.
- ESA makes wildlife a liability. // Forest Products Journal;Apr97, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the negative effects of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) on wildlife protection in the United States.
- Canadian law won't help wanderers. Motluk, Alison // New Scientist;01/11/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2064, p9
Focuses on the debate concerning protection of rare species in Canada. Canadian House of Commons' debate on the proposed wildlife protection bill; Provinces that have laws to protect endangered species in Canada; Reaction of wildlife protection groups to the new draft law; Controversy over the...
- Vanishing act. Kloor, Keith // Sciences;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the laws that govern endangered species in the United States. Inadequacy of the Endangered Species Act in protecting the endangered animals; Need to protect entire habitats instead of individual species; Legislating a multispecies protection plan.
- Battle Begins to Reauthorize Endangered Species Act. // National Parks;May/Jun85, Vol. 59 Issue 5/6, p36
Reports on the U.S. Congress' hearing on the proposed reauthorization of the 1973 Endangered Species Act. Opposition of western states to the proposal; Provisions of the act; Conservationists' belief the reauthorization could mean more funds for conservation of endangered species.
- If people can adopt highways, why can't they care for critters too? Chase, Alston // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/25/98, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p21
Examines limitations of the 1996 Endangered Species Act and identifies ways to promote responsibility for wildlife in the United States. Proposal to downgraded some species from an endangered to a threatened designation; Encouragement of personal commitments to endangered species.
- Defenders of Wildlife v. Norton: A Closer Look at the 'Significant Portion of Its Range' Concept. Maranzana, Linda C. // Ecology Law Quarterly;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p263
Discusses the court case Defenders of Wildlife versus Norton. Legal background of the case; Contextual analysis of the term, significant portion of its range, contained in the U.S. Endangered Species Act's definition of endangered species; Information on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal's...