- Climate study highlights inadequacy of emissions cuts. Schiermeier, Quirin // Nature;12/4/2003, Vol. 426 Issue 6966, p486
This article focuses on a gathering, in which representatives from 188 countries participated to work through the latest round of negotiations for the Kyoto Protocol on limiting greenhouse-gas emissions, in Milan, Italy. In a report published on 25 November, 2003, German Advisory Council on...
- Playing dice with Earth's climate. Fisher, A. // Popular Science;Aug89, Vol. 235 Issue 2, p51
Part one of a three-part series examines man's role in accelerating Earth's changing climate, or the greenhouse effect, and assesses the nature of this worldwide environmental threat. INSET: All the ills that Earth is heir to.;1988: A summer to remember..
- The Greenhouse Effect. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Sep98, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p47
Presents information on climatic changes, with emphasis on the Greenhouse Effect. Impact of the Greenhouse Effect on the environment and the human race; Details on the implications of industrial activity on the environment; Information on the Greenhouse Effect. INSET: Dust bunnies in the sky.
- National Environmental Health Association Position on Global Climate Change. // Journal of Environmental Health;Sep2001, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the effects of greenhouse gases on global climate changes. Risk of global warming to public health; Advantages of decreasing the amount of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere; Impact of global climate change on agriculture.
- Regional and Seasonal Variations of the Clear Sky Atmospheric Longwave Cooling over Tropical Oceans. Chéruy, F.; Chevallier, F. // Journal of Climate;8/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p1
The vertical distribution of the clear sky longwave cooling of the atmosphere over tropical oceans is inferred from three different datasets. Two of the datasets refer to the TIROS-N Operational Vertical Sounder (TOVS) NOAA/NASA Pathfinder project, PathA and PathB, and the last one refers to...
- Appendix. // Coal & Clean Coal Report;2011, p351
An appendix is presented of the greenhouse effect and global climate change.
- Today's Changing Climate. // Monkeyshines on America;Mar99 Oceans & Oceanography Issue, p29
Presents information on the greenhouse effect caused by climate changes. Description of the greenhouse effect; Impact of a rise in temperature; Efforts to control the greenhouse effect.
- A numerical simulation of anthropogenic climate change Bengtsson, L. // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;Feb1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p58
Results are presented from a recent high resolution transient climate change experiment carried out at the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg. The experiment is discussed in the light of the greenhouse warming experiment by Arrhenius. The transient calculation started in January 1860...
- Climate research: the case for the social sciences Stehr, N.; von Storch, H. // AMBIO - A Journal of the Human Environment;Feb1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p66
The present dilemmas brought about by anthropogenic climate change are in many ways unprecedented. Knowledge about the physical nature ofglobal climate changes is not sufficient to move from comprehension to a solution of the problem. The historical record shows that past generations too, have...