- CFC smugglers risk the Earth for a few dollars. Kiernan, Vincent // New Scientist;1/28/95, Vol. 145 Issue 1962, p7
Informs about the market in contraband CFCs as a consequence of ban on ozone-destroying chemicals, introduced under the Montreal Protocol to protect the Earth's ozone shield. Information about the case in the US charging two Americans for smuggling CFC-12; Possible punishment.
- Sellers: Be aware of CFC ban coming January 17. // Automotive Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the effectivity date for the third phase of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Final Rule 40CFR Part 82, which prohibits selling and distribution of nonessential aerosol products containing chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). Penalty for violating the prohibition; Chemical industry's...
- Arizona fights for the right to stay cool. Holmes, Bob // New Scientist;4/29/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1975, p7
Reports on the Arizona legislature's voting in favor of the legalization of the manufacture and use of chlorofluorocarbons (CFC). Contravention of the measure to American law and the 1986 Montreal Protocol; Criticism of the link between CFCs and ozone depletion during committee hearings;...
- Quick news: CFC watch. van Tyle, Sherrie // Electronic Design;7/22/93, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p98
Reports on AMP's alteration of manufacturing systems and use of substitutes to chlorofluorocarbons. Replacement of freon and 1,1,1-trichloroethane with water and alcohol-based cleaning solutions; Clean Air Act of 1990.
- Glancing Back. Preville, Cherie R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/29/2001, Vol. 214 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the implementation of laws on the production of chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) in the United States. Details on the update of the Clean Air Act; Investigation on the claims of smuggling CFC; Penalty for the undepriced sale and illegal use as refrigerants.
- Contraband in the stratosphere Chase, Victor // Environmental Health Perspectives;Dec1995, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p1102
No abstract available.
- EU to review import law on recycled CFCs. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;9/17/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 35, p20
States that the European Union is considering a legislation to ban imports of recycled chlorofluorocarbons (CFC). Legal CFC applications in Europe; Purpose of the legislation; Estimated global CFC production.
- CFC-free inhalers. // Chemical Week;8/6/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 30, p37
Reports that the American Lung Association will not support the House Republicans in the postponement of phaseout of asthma inhalers. Remarks of Cliff Stearns of House Republicans, on the use of chlorofluorocarbons in inhalers.
- The tech/ops challenge (of refrigerant management). Sullivan, C.C. // Buildings;Aug95, Vol. 89 Issue 8, p16
Discusses various challenges faced by refrigerant managements in dealing with phaseout of chlorofluorocarbon (CFCs) based refrigerants. Pros and cons of extending Section 608; Leak testing complications; National Electric Code violations; Views of Joshua Costell, CEO of Mechanical Ingenuity...