- Local zoning can one-up federal law. // ABA Journal;Jul96, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p43
Reports that the US Fair Housing Act does not necessarily pre-empt local zoning laws according to the ruling of the Seventh US Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago, Illinois in the `Brandt versus Village of Chebanse' case.
- Redefining job description of Chicago's zoning code. Barrett, Marysue // Crain's Chicago Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p9
Comments on the efforts of the local government of modifying the zoning ordinance in Chicago, Illinois. Expansion of housing options; Designation of separate locations for pedestrian-friendly and auto-oriented retail modes; Promotion of transit-oriented development.
- Kontrastierende Stadtvisionen. d. k. // werk, bauen + wohnen;2014, Issue 4, p72
The article discusses and contrasts urban planning projects and zoning laws in two Swiss cities, Basel and Geneva, Switzerland.
- Workshop. Stephani, Carl // Public Management (00333611);Nov99, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p41
Provides information on zoning ordinances. Terminology for zoning; Basic elements of zoning ordinances; Adoption of zoning ordinances in several cities.
- Prospects For The Future Under Urban Enterprise Zone Legislation: Comment. Turner, Frank S.; Turner, Leslie S. // American Journal of Small Business;Winter82, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p28
What follows is a brief look at the possibilities for the future under enterprise zone legislation as well as a prospective of current and discarded proposals. National proposals are still being shaped, and only the future will expose the final product. INSET: A Guide to Small Business...
- Land use expert says zoning laws don't harmonize with city. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/21/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p7
Reports on land use expert Daniel Mandelker's comments regarding the zoning laws of New Orleans, Louisiana. Argument that neither the land use plan nor the zoning ordinance meets the city's guidance in the development and preservation of the city; Authorship of the report 'A Report on Planning...
- COMBATING URBAN SPRAWL IN MASSACHUSETTS: REFORMING THE ZONING ACT THROUGH LEGAL CHALLENGES. Krass, Benjamin // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p605
Discusses the Zoning Act of Massachusetts and the lack of growth management legislation in the state. Definitions of urban sprawl; Environmental agenda of the state; Statutory provisions of the act.
- Critics take shots at zoning ordinance as it heads for OK. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/27/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p12
Reports the plans of rewriting the zoning laws of the state of Louisiana. Confusion on what to prioritize for adoption: Master plan and comprehensive zoning ordinance for the state; Questions on the value of revising zoning laws; Efforts of the City Planning Commission in the revision of the...
- The Birth, Growth, and Elements of Valuation of a New American Town. Boucher, C. Robert // Appraisal Journal;Jul73, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p412
Describes the formation and valuation of Montgomery Village, Maryland. Types of benefits from the residents; Concept of a town sector zoning ordinance; Problems regarding the valuation of land.