- As Commission Dithers, Tunas Decline. // Environment Hawai'i;Jan2014, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p3
The author reflects on the decline of bigeye tuna catches and the regulatory scheme of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC). He notes that may be the rationale of the WCPFC must be reconsidered given its lack of sanctions to those noncompliant members, failure to act...
- Pacific. // Salt Water Sportsman;Oct99, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p46
Discusses the concerns of the fishing industry at the Pacific region in 1999. Survey which revealed that Pacific barracuda is the most important fish in the business; Effects of global warming to salmon runs; Action taken by the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council to halt the...
- Power Struggle. // Environment Hawai'i;Dec2014, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
An introduction is presented in which various reports within the issue are mentioned on topics including energy generation of Kaua'i Island Utility Cooperative, legal challenges faced on Big Island biomass-fueled power plant, and scientific advice refusal of the Western Pacific Fishery Management.
- Locally-managed marine areas: multiple objectives and diverse strategies. JUPITER, STACY D.; COHEN, PHILIPPA J.; WEEKS, REBECCA; TAWAKE, ALIFERETI; GOVAN, HUGH // Pacific Conservation Biology;Winter2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p165
Community-based management and co-management are mainstream approaches to marine conservation and sustainable resource management. In the tropical Pacific, these approaches have proliferated through locally-managed marine areas (LMMAs). LMMAs have garnered support because of their adaptability...
- The EEC's proposed directive on civil liability for damage caused bywaste: taking over when prevention fails Sheehan, Linda M. // Ecology Law Quarterly;1991, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p405
No abstract available.
- Regulation of ocean dumping by the European Economic Community Suman, Daniel // Ecology Law Quarterly;1991, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p559
No abstract available.
- The politics of 1992. Szamuely, G. // Commentary;Oct89, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p42
Discusses likely effects of European unity, which is foreseen in terms of trade by 1992. European Economic Community (EEC); Single European Act; Involvement with the Soviet bloc.
- Europe--miracle or monster? // Commentary;Aug92, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p31
Comments on the future of the European Community (EC). Maastricht Treaty; Examples of other unions; Most Europeans unaware of lessons needed to be learned from America; Absence of democratic dimension from EC.
- The European Community. // Commonweal;6/15/84, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p359
The European Community is facing two major threats for unity, one scheduled and the other not: reelection of the European Parliament in mid-June, electing 434 representatives from the ten member countries for a 5-year term; and sometime soon, the European Community will have to agree on a...