- New America. Ballard, Robert // National Geographic;Nov2013, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p78
A map of the world showing global exclusive economic zones (EEZs), the resources they contain, such as oil and natural gas deposits and minerals, and disputed areas is presented.
- U.S.-Mexican Parley Debates Relations on Marine Resources Vargas, Jorge A.; Orbach, Michael K.; Cicin-Sain, Biliana // Oceanus;Winter1983/1984, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p68
No abstract available.
- The Extended Economic Zone and U.S. Ocean Interests. Alexander, Lewis M. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Spring75, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p34
The law of the sea is undergoing a major revision. Traditionally, the high seas, which comprised all but the narrow coastal margins of the world ocean, were considered free to the use of all nations. Anyone interested in navigation, fishing, war-making, overflight or use of the seabed was free...
- Protective zoning brings sea change. MOORE, LARA // Planning (14672073);10/24/2014, Issue 1993, p29
The author comments on the specific duties placed by the British Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 on development authorities, in context of creation of marine conservation zone (MCZ) and also mentions that the marine licences are issued by the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) under the act.
- Conflicts over Protection of Marine Living Resources: The 'Volga Case' Revisited. Karim, Md. Saiful // Goettingen Journal of International Law;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p101
Non-traditional maritime security concerns have become more important than ever in the post-Cold War era. Naval forces of most developed countries are more concerned about these threats than conventional war. One of the main maritime security issues for many countries in the world is illegal,...
- Indicators of fishing pressure and seafloor integrity. Piet, G. J.; Hintzen, N. T. // ICES Journal of Marine Science / Journal du Conseil;Dec2012, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p1850
Piet, G. J., and Hintzen, N. T. 2012. Indicators of fishing pressure and seafloor integrity. â€“ ICES Journal of Marine Science, 69: 1850â€“1858.This study calculates a suite of indicators reflecting the spatial extent of fishing and its impact on the seafloor and discusses the...
- THE ENCLOSURE OF OCEAN RESOURCES. Campbell, John C.; Despard, Lucy Edwards // Foreign Affairs;Winter79/80, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p416
This section provides an overview of the book The Enclosure of Ocean Resources, by Ross D. Eckert.
- Securing the Resources of the Deep: Dividing and Governing the Extended Continental Shelf. Schofield, Clive // Berkeley Journal of International Law;2015, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p274
Half of the world's coastal States are in the process of delineating continental-shelf limits seawards of their 200- nautical-mile exclusive economic zones. This Article outlines the complex criteria and process involved in the definition of outer-continental-shelf limits, highlights associated...
- The Argument: The U.S. Will Need Seabed Minerals Pendley, William P. // Oceanus;Fall1982, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.