- Courts and foreign policy. Franck, T.M. // Foreign Policy;Summer91, Issue 83, p66
Considers how few legal cases containing foreign-policy aspects are decided in American courts. Foreign policy questions on the desks of judges that are about: powers of Congress, money, property, `green cards,' war, terrorism, espionage or diplomacy. To foreign-policy managers almost...
- International judicial intervention. Scheffer, David J. // Foreign Policy;Spring96, Issue 102, p34
Focuses on international judicial intervention. Events that helped lay the foundation for the rule in the postwar world; Use of innovative mechanisms to address widespread human rigHts abuses; Trends toward international judicial intervention; International criminal tribunals that serve as the...
- 1997 survey of international law in the Second Circuit. // Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce;Fall97, Vol. 24, p143
Surveys significant cases involving international law in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Includes case involving the Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act; Foreign discovery; Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act.
- International and operations law. // Reporter;Sep91, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on international law and operations laws. Reasons for the focus on these laws; Details on operations law.
- Gist: Diplomatic immunity. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;10/22/90, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p210
Outlines the background, legal framework and abuses of diplomatic immunity, a principle of international law by which certain foreign government officials are not subject to the jurisdiction of local courts.
- U.S. signs Inter-American Convention on Transparency in Conventional Weapons Acquisition. // International Law Update;Jul99, Vol. 5, p89
Reports on developments in international law and international trade regulations as of July 1999. United States' signing of Inter-American Convention on Transparency in Conventional Weapons Acquisition.
- The rules of war. Olson, T. // Scholastic Update;3/22/91, Vol. 123 Issue 13, p11
Traces the development of international agreements on the rules of war. Various treaties signed since the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868; Focus on efforts to alleviate some of the calamities of war; Questionable effectiveness of internationalrules of war. INSET: Chemical weapons: Death in...
- International and operational law notes. // Army Lawyer;Jul95, Issue 272, p60
Presents news concerning international law in the United States as of July 1995. Includes the availability of a legal training handbook for the Ukrainian military; Consequences of violating the Posse Comitatus Act; Federal and state court decisions.
- International law: the critics are wrong. Farer, T. // Foreign Policy;Summer88, Issue 71, p22
Consideration of internationalism, seen as ethical and legal limitations of coercive power exercised for national purposes, and its critics. Embodiment of internationalism seen as in the structure and function of the United Nations (UN); Critical voices; Interpretation of the UN charter;...