Legislative incentives and energy technologies: government's role inthe development of the California wind energy industry
- Eastern Africa leads wind revolution. // African Business;Jan2011, Issue 371, p40
The article reports that wind power is being used by Asia's biggest economies and the U.S. as renewable power resources.
- Wind Market Powers Up. Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2000, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the increasing popularity of wind as an alternative energy resource in the United States. Total capacity of wind energy installed in 1999; States with the most large-scale wind energy activity; Impact of wind energy popularity on the electrical contracting business; Projected growth...
- BLOWING UP a storm in Asia. // International Power Generation;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p19
Discusses the projected growth of Asia's wind power market through 2010. Wind power capacity to be added by India and China; Philippines' amendment of energy regulations to reduce bureaucracy involved in establishing renewable energy projects; Implications of European and American developments...
- Harnessing the desert wind. // Modern Power Systems;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p39
Features an alternative energy project is Israel that harnesses the energy produced from desert wind. Key features and specifications; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on modern power systems.
- Bull market in wind energy. Flavin, Christopher // World Watch;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the economic advantages of using wind energy. Overview on the wind energy industry in the Spanish city of Pamplona; Estimated value of the worldwide industry in 1998; Advantages of wind power over electricity and other traditional means of power generation; Renewable energy sources.
- Energy storage gets second wind. Excell, Jon // Engineer (00137758);4/25/2011, Vol. 296 Issue 7815, p5
No abstract available.
- Editorial. // Wind Engineering;Nov2008, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on a new approach to the characterization if uncertainty in wind power predictions using Numerical Weather Prediction spatial fields occurs and another on the potential benefits of energy storage for future large...
- Wind in Pennsylvania. // Solar Today;May/Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p58
Reports on the progress of the Pennsylvania wind energy project. Generation of clean renewable energy; Environmental message of hotel.
- Turning the tide on wind turbines. Bush, Steve // Electronics Weekly;3/9/2011, Issue 2459, p19
The article presents information on the prospects of water tidal turbine.