When recycling C&D makes sense
- Twain site demolished. // Archaeology;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p19
Presents information on the demolishing of Nevada's Desert Wells Station. Details on the trading post during the 1850s; Information on why the landmark was not protected by law.
- College scholarship winners announced. // C&D Debris Recycling;Aug97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p5
Reports on National Association of Demolition Contractors' announcement of the winners of its college scholarships at its annual meeting to be held in June 1998. Background on the award; Name of the scholarship winners.
- Scheme blocked by effect on habitat. // Planning (14672073);4/16/2010, Issue 1864, p19
The article reports that inspector Ahsan Ghafoor has rejected a proposal to demolish two houses in Leicestershire, England.
- Highway benefits secure wall demolition. // Planning (14672073);4/16/2010, Issue 1864, p20
The article reports that inspector Tony Thickett has approved a plan to demolish a limestone wall at a grade II listed house in Wales.
- Rubble raisers. Westrup, Hugh // Current Science;1/12/96, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the science of implosion or the techniques for demolishing buildings or other structures. Planting explosives in strategic places throughout the structure; Timing the explosives to go off in a certain sequence; Making it fall inward rather than to blow up. INSET: Controlling a...
- Dewatering system is high and dry. Wright, Andrew G.; Rosta, Paul R. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/30/98, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p10
Announces that a biosolids dewatering plant near Trenton, New Jersey which was built and never used will be recycled. Reason behind the efforts; Value of the plant; Comments from manager of research and development for Biotherm LLC, Theodore Trowbridge.
- Modernist classic's stay of execution. // Building Design;2/7/2003, Issue 1565, p7
Reports on the withdrawal of the demolition consent of Runnymede Borough Council to save the 1930s modernist classic building design in Surrey, England. Actions taken for the renewal of the demolition consent; Response of property owner David Beadle regarding the decision of Runnymede Borough...
- Historic mansion gets stay from wrecking ball. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;7/20/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 29, pA1
The article reports that the members of the Kirkwood Landmarks Commission have extended the stay on demolition for the deteriorating 19th century Brownhurst home on the campus of Saint John Vianney High School in Kirkwood, Missouri.
- Blowdown. Ransom, David // New Internationalist;Sep96, Issue 283, p35
Relates the demolition of Rowan Court, a tower block in London leaving thousands of people in London homeless. Author's memories of residents in Rowan court; Rehousing of former residents; Author's reaction to demolition.