Developing landfill gas projects without getting credit
- Ruling favors county. Greenwald, Judy // Waste News;10/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p9
Reports that a state appellate court in San Diego, California, ruled that San Bernardino County does not have to pay defense costs in a case concerning gas emitted by its landfill. Arguments of Pacific Indemnity Company of Los Angeles; Details on the case.
- Wash. oks exemption. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;04/27/98, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p4
Presents information on lanfill gas recovery projects in Olympia, Washington. Details on the state receiving a financial boost by receiving a tax exemption from Governor Gary Locke; Indication of where the taxes were exempted from; How the tax exemption will benefit the landfill.
- Mich. company to study N.Y. methane power plan. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;04/27/98, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p10
Presents information on the selection of the Zapco Development Corporation to develop a methane power plan for the city of Troy, in Michigan. Background information on the company; Indepth look at how the gas will be utilized; Estimated amount of gas that will be produced at the landfill.
- Attenuation of methane and nonmethane organic compounds in landfill gas affected soils. Kjeldsen, Peter; Dalager, Anne; Broholm, Kim // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association;Dec97, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p1268
Investigates the degradation of landfill gas (LFG) constituents in LFG-affected soils. Evaluation of the importance of the degradation processes to the emission; Studies on the influence of methane oxidation on the lateral migration of landfill gas.
- Landfill gas recovery projects reviewed by NREL. // BioCycle;Feb96, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p25
Reports on a review being conducted by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) on methane gas recovery projects in various landfills in the United States. Gas recovery projects offer of electricity and steam for oil refineries, food processing plans and other facilities; Need to develop...
- Shining examples of landfill gas recovery. // BioCycle;Feb98, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p14
Describes the landfill gas recovery plants in the United States featured in the `EPA Landfill Methane Outreach Program Report.' Power capacity of Martone Landfill in Barre, Massachusetts; Developer of the Hamss Landfill in Sussex County, New Jersey; Use of landfill gas as a boiler fuel at the...
- Lessons in LFGTE. Pierce, Jeffrey L. // Waste Age;Mar2003, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p42
Discusses keys to effective and successful landfill gas-to-energy (LFGTE) projects. Estimated number of LFGTE projects in the U.S. ; Problems encountered in the projects; Factors to consider when developing a LFGTE project.
- Landfill Gas Helps to Power Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany, GA. // Solid Waste Report;10/17/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p6
The article reports that Landfill gas collected from Fleming/Gaissert road landfill owned by Dougherty County, Albany, Geargia is helping to power the Marine Corps Logicstics Base in Albany, Georgia.
- Fuel tax makes landfill gas run. Flint, Roger // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p59
Discusses the city of Spokane, Washington's fuel tax credits for a project to capture and reuse and landfill gas (LFG) for its Northside Landfill. Lease agreements and an operations and maintenance contract for the gas field; Conversion of LFG to electricity; Absence of capital investment costs...