BFI's safety program payback
- BFI truck, train collide in Arkansas. // Waste News;02/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p6
No abstract available.
- BFI reports improved earnings. // Waste News;08/10/98, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the performance of Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. during the third quarter for 1998. Net income reported for the company for 1998; Revenue record for the company for the quarter which ended on June 30, 1998; Comparison of the net incomes of the company for 1998 and 1997.
- BFI to reorganize business units. // Waste News;7/1/96, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p1
Reports on Browning-Ferris Industries Inc.'s plans to reorganize its operating business structure.
- BFI investors upset with results. Russell, John // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p1
Reports that investors are demanding that Browning-Ferris Industries Inc. move quickly to shore up its falling earnings and revive a lagging stock performance. Total assets of the company; Percentage decline in quarterly earnings; Decline in the company's stock value.
- Investors place BFI on hot seat. // Waste News;8/5/96, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p8
Editorial. Comments on the complaints of shareholders against Browning-Ferris Industries. BFI's spending of too much money on acquisitions that are not profitable; Frustration over BFI's stock performance.
- BFI delays own request for Md. zoning meeting. Russell, John // Waste News;11/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 26, p4
Reports that Browning-Ferris Industries Incorporated delayed the construction of a 17-acre transfer station in Baltimore, Maryland, until the Howard County Zoning Board address issues raised by neighbors. When the Board is expected to address the neighbors' concerns; Information on the proposed...
- Getting to the strategy core. // Waste News;11/18/96, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p8
Editorial. Announces that Browning-Ferris Industries Incorporated plans to sell its operations that does not fit wit its basic solid-waste business. Reference made to the phrase `divesting noncore assets'; Suggestion that as companies get bigger they tend to make make more acquisitions;...
- Agency downgrades BFI debt rating. // Waste News;11/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p1
Announces the downgrading of the debt rating for Browning-Ferris Industries Incorporated's (BFI) senior unsecured debt, from an A to an A- by Duff and Phelphs Credit Rating Company. Relation of the rating to BFI's growth in fiscal 1995; Statements from Mark Online, Duffs and Phelphs vice president.
- Ill. community rejects BFI proposal. // Waste News;12/02/96, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p27
Reports that a Browning-Ferris Industries Incorporated proposal to build a transfer station in Carol Stream, Illinois, has been rejected by the community. Detailed information on the company's plans for the area; Views of Carol Stream President Ross Ferraro.