Show-and-tell may help big-time violators
- Regulations review. Tutein, Thomas R. // Pollution Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Agency's withdrawal of the final rule establishing fees for accreditation of training programs of lead-based paint contractors; Interpretation of the New Source Performance Standards for Coal Preparation...
- Clean air sense. Lave, Lester B. // Brookings Review;Summer97, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p40
Looks into the issue about the proposed regulation of Environmental Protection Agency to tighten the National Ambient Air Quality standards for ozone and small particles. Information about ordered benefit-cost analysis of United States Presidents Ronald Reagan, George Bush and Bill Clinton;...
- The costly pursuit of the impossible. Crandall, Robert W. // Brookings Review;Summer97, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p41
States that the Office of Management and Budget chose not to challenge Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Carol Browner's proposal to tighten the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for ozone and particulate matter. Lester Lave's description of pollutants; Interest of students and...
- Environmental priorities target. Tenenbaum, David; Mooney, Barbara // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/30/93, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the promotion of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency of a process called comparative risk assessment. Cooperation with state environmental departments; Statewide risk-assessment study; Features of the consensus-building process; Completion of the comparative risk assessments in...
- A new era of environmental stewardship. Bush, George // EPA Journal;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the role of the Environmental Protection Agency in the 1990s and the government's goal on the environment. Growth in concern for environmental protection and stewardship; Strengthening of the Clean Air Act; Thrust on pollution prevention.
- Strategies for meeting our goals. Habicht, F. Henry // EPA Journal;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
Discusses strategies for attaining the emerging goals of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Recommendations by the Science Advisory Board (SAB); Targeting of efforts on the basis of risk; Integration of EPA's efforts. INSET: The 10 recommendations..
- A dream that hasn't come true. Alm, Al // EPA Journal;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the nature of the Environmental Protection Agency as first conceived 20 years ago and how it is today. Recommendation by the Ash Council; EPA's implementation of environmental laws; Reasons for EPA's failure to attain an integrated approach to environmental problems.
- Progress and challenges: Looking at EPA today. // EPA Journal;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the progress and challenges in the Environmental Protection Agency's mission. Includes EPA's programs for the protection of air, water and land; Efforts in the regulation of chemicals; Costs and benefits of EPA programs.
- Reflections on the role of a cabinet-level EPA. // EPA Journal;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p42
Presents views of legislators on the issue of the role of a cabinet-level Environmental Protection Agency. Mike Synar; Steve Symms; John Glenn; William V. Roth; Frank R. Lautenberg.