The windy city rubs out rodents
- Celebrate a green holiday season. // Secretary;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p5
Presents tips on how to reduce, reuse and recycle waste for the Christmas holiday. Sending postcards to save on postage and envelopes; Making tree ornaments from old greeting cards, excess giftwrap, egg cartons and polysterene peanuts; Using comics or color newspapers to wrap gifts and...
- Focus now on Interstate trash as clock ticks for RCRA. // Nation's Health;Jul92, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p4
Reports that lawmakers are moving to resolve the most vexing issue sparked by the debate regarding the rewrite of the nation's solid waste law--the states' desire to control out-of-state garbage flowing in to landfills. Bill HR 3865; Landfills diminish nationwide; Increase in interstate...
- Managing nonhazardous solid wastes. Katzel, Jeanine // Plant Engineering;Sep94, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the management of solid wastes in industries in the United States. Focus of federal regulation on hazardous solid wastes; State-by-state basis of regulating disposal of nonhazardous wastes; Environmental Protection Agency incentives for efficient handling of wastes in factories. ...
- TRI shows decrease in emissions. // Occupational Hazards;Jul93, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the decrease of the release of toxic chemicals to the environment as reflected in the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data. Industries with the highest emissions; Projections by the Environmental Protection Agency; Pollution Prevention Act of 1990's requirements on reporting of TRI...
- Efra blasts draft wastewater plan. // Utility Week;4/8/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p6
The article reports that Great Britain's Environment Food and Rural Affairs Committee (Efra) has criticized the draft National Policy Statement (NPS) on wastewater.
- NSFC Database Offers Info on Wastewater Regs for 48 States. Miner, Gary // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jan2003, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p114
Presents information on the Web site of the National Small Flows Clearinghouse, which offers information on wastewater regulations for 48 states in the U.S. States that are not featured in the Web site.
- Compromise Averts N.J. Solid-Waste Default. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p1A
Reports the decision of New Jersey state to abandon its demand from two solid-wastes facilities. Debts of the facilities which must be paid; Aid given by the state to the facilities to meet their debt obligations.
- Enforcement update. // Army Lawyer;Jul97, Issue 296, p41
Reports that since Congress expanded the waiver of sovereign immunity for solid and hazardous waste violations in October 1992, Army installations have been assessed $13.4 million in 147 fines and penalties cases. Information on the new `Army Regulation 200-1'; Definition of an enforcement...
- Senate Committee recommendations. L.G. // Caribbean Business;4/1/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p20
Lists the recommendations made by Puerto Rico's Senate for local solid waste management. Treatment of local solid waste situation as an emergency; Reduction of the number of regional landfills; Implementation of two Waste-to-Energy plants; Creation of more aggressive recycling programs.