- Pre/Post UCT Training Programs, Jan. 23-28. // Underground Construction;Sep2010, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p33
The article presents several course offerings in the U.S. which include "Trenchless Technology Construction Methods," Trenchless Technology Pipe Lining, Renewal & Replacement Methods," and "Advanced Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) School."
- Pre/Post UCT Training Programs, Jan. 22-27. // Underground Construction;Dec2011, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p50
A description of several courses related to underground engineering is offered including the 9th Annual Engineering and Inspector Training and Certification Schools by the Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education (CUIRE) on January 22, 2012, the Fundamental Engineering...
- Candidate Academy. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Sep2015, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p72
A calendar of 2015 in-house courses by the Candidate Academy is presented including Road to Registration for Mature Candidates, Basic Contract Administration and Quality Control, and Getting Acquainted with Basic Pressure Pipeline Design.
- More courses from the Candidate Academy. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Apr2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p89
The article focuses on the launch of two new courses by the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) Candidate Academy. The two new courses will focus on the management of contracts, and on pressure pipeline design. It mentions that SAICE's courses are practical, hands-on and...
- Developing Pipeline Work Force. Bradner, Mike // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2010, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p106
The article focuses on the importance of training workers for gas pipeline and developing a work force that meets the demands in the gas pipeline industry in Alaska. It states that efforts in planning and preparation initiatives for the pipeline work force and industry. It mentions the Alaska...
- The first round of tests conducted by North Ameri-. // Contractor Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p5
Presents the test results of an examination conducted by North American Technician Excellence. Percentage of students that passed all ten modules of either the heat pump or gas furnace examination; Percentage who took the pump service tech examination; Other results on the examination.
- Engineering education for the workers of the future. Kash, Don E.; Willenbrock, F. Karl // Issues in Science & Technology;Summer92, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the type of worker needed for the new production methods and management practices of the future. Adjusting to new goals; Flexible educational program; Integrative capability; Proposal for restructuring and integrating the two systems into what the authors call the 2-4-6-8 system;...
- Training and development... // PM Engineer;Feb/Mar95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p69
Reports on developments about training for engineers in the United States as of February 1995. Includes the American Backflow Prevention Association's 4th annual Backflow Prevention Education Conference on April 6-7, 1995; Industrial Fire Pumps Seminar planned by the Oklahoma State University...
- Engineering skills shortage tackled. // Design Engineering;Jun98, p5
Focuses on post-school Centre for Excellence to be built at Tanfield Lea in County Durham, England. How the manufacturers and industrialist in England are affected by the shortage of engineering skills; Support from the private sectors; Training of engineers; Features of the school. INSET:...