NGSA submits comments to DOE
- Renewable mandates worry gas producers. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug97, Vol. 224 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the Natural Gas Supply Association's apprehensions over the US Congress' consideration of mandates that raise electric prices, degrade the environment and reduce the use of domestic fuel. Proposed bill mandating the use of renewable resources other than hydropower for up to 20% of...
- Weather brings big drawdown in nation's natural gas storage. Kamalick, Joe // Chemical Market Reporter;12/19/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 20, p10
This article reports that the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) has announced that the storage of natural gas fell by 202 billion cubic feet (bcf) in early December 2005, but gas industry officials say that the decline is not worrisome. According to the DoE's Energy Information Administration...
- Vast U.S. Shale Plays Heat Up the Petroleum Job Market. Troy, Phaedra Friend // Power Engineering;Oct2010, Vol. 114 Issue 10, Special section p6
The article focuses on the proliferation of oil shale exploration and development in the U.S. which has become a major job source in the oil and gas industry. The Natural Gas Supply Association cites that the nation's natural gas sector supports from 3 to 4 million direct and indirect jobs. It...
- Look at ALL costs, industry tells DOE. // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb1994, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
Reports on appliance makers' request for the recognition of U.S. Department of Energy of the cumulative cost of DOE's energy-efficiency regulations. Outline of Government Regulatory Impact Model (Grim) to replace DOE's model; Question on the engineering assumptions used by DOE in estimating the...
- Lighting Industry Unveils 20-Year Plan. // Energy User News;May2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the 20-year plan called 'Vision 2020' publicly unveiled by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and lighting industry manufacturers, designers, and end users at a two-day event held on March 28-29, 2000 in Washington D.C. Road mapping activities in various departments of DOE;...
- DoE support of distributed power. // Power Economics;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the United States Department of Energy's launching of the next phase of its Distributed Energy Resource plan to encourage the use of on-site generation. Plans of the department of promote optimal use of distributed energy by 2020.
- DOE still hopes to deliver national energy plan. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar98, Vol. 225 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on the efforts by the US Department of Energy to deliver an energy plan that provides Americans with affordable, clean and secure energy supplies. Comment by Energy Secretary Federico Pena; Features of the plan; Goals of the energy plan.
- Both Sides in SEER Debate Press On. Mazurkiewlcz, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/6/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 14, p7
Focuses on the proposed 12-SEER rule in the Federal Register by the United States Department of Energy. Process of 75-day comment period of the rule; Schedule of public hearing; Issuance of statements by Goodman Manufacturing and the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute.
- Free digital copy of 2009 IECC available. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p66
The article reports that funds have been provided by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for the distribution of free copies of the 2009 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) of the International Council.