Caution urged for new subcontract programs
- Presidents push unity. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/6/95, Vol. 234 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the meeting of the Associated General Contractors (AGC), American Subcontractors Association and the Associated Specialty Contractors regarding the use of the AGC 640 subcontract. Comments of Daniel Burnette, president of ASC on the use of the 640 contract; Attendance of AGC...
- New subcontract form approved by three construction groups. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/13/94, Vol. 192 Issue 7, p33
Reports on the endorsement of a modified subcontract form by the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), the American Subcontractors Association (ASA) and the Associated Specialty Contractors (ASC). Fair allocation of risks; Simplification of contractual relationships.
- The cost of requiring pay-if-paid clauses. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/16/98, Vol. 240 Issue 11, p66
Editorial. Comments on the introduction of a draft model subcontract by the Associated General Contractors (AGC) and the American Subcontractors Association. Details on the exclusion of the AGC document 640 of the pay-if-paid clause; Information on the mutually agreed-upon contract language;...
- AGC, subs agree to partner. // Contractor Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p50
Reports that Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) president, Larry Gaskins and American Subcontractors Association (ASA) president, Anne Bigane Wilson have signed a partnering agreement to cooperate each other and serve construction industry and its users. Provisions of the...
- Pay-if-paid issue puts big chill in relationship of AGC and ASA. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/09/98, Vol. 240 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the relations between the American Subcontractors Association (ASA) and the Associated General Contractors (AGC) which have deteriorated dramatically. Circumstances surrounding the relation's deterioration; Announcements from AGC; Reactions by ASA officials due to AGC's announcement;...
- AGC maintains it stance with its 'pay-if-paid' clause. // Underground Construction;Dec98, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the decision of the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) to approve the concept of `pay-if-paid' clauses in construction subcontracts in the United States. Relevance of the decision to AGC's endorsement of the Standard Form Construction Subcontract model.
- DOWN THE ROAD. // Roads & Bridges;Feb2006, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p72
Presents a calendar of events related to the construction industry in the U.S. from March to June 2006. American Subcontractors Association Inc. Convention in California from March 9 to 11; World of Asphalt in Florida from March 13 to 16; Associated General Contractors of America Annual...
- Reports From Key Industry Events. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/24/2014, Vol. 273 Issue 8, pMT3
The article reports on recent and upcoming construction sector events in the U.S. Mountain States as of February 2014. It previews the 95th Annual Convention of the Associated General Contractors of America, American Subcontractors Association's SUBExcel 2014 and Urban Land Institute's "Small...
- Contract forms raise concerns. Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the formation of a pair of construction subcontract forms by the Associated General Contractors (ASC), the Associated Specialty Contractors and the American Subcontractors Association. Purpose of the forms; Groups supporting the ASC; Information about Form 650.