Coastal Corp. eyes Canadian growth
- Coastal shuts in NG. // LP/Gas;Mar95, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p16
Reports that the Coastal Corp. has shut down production of natural gas from selected wells due to low natural gas prices. Evaluation of fields to determine which production would be curtailed.
- Coastal's sale of Utah units results in pretax gain. // Coal Age;Mar1997, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p16
Reports that Coastal Corp.'s coal segment completed the sale of its Utah subsidiaries for $610 million by the end of 1996.
- Coastal Corp. rejects mineral rights offer. // Coal Age;Sep97, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p10
Announces that Eastern Kentucky University asked a state board for $1 million to pay Coastal Corporation's Enterprise Coal Company for mineral rights it owns, with focus on the rejection of the money offered by the University. Circumstances surrounding the rejection of the offer; Comments from...
- Coastal restructures, cuts jobs. // National Petroleum News;Feb97, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p9
Reports on Houston-based Coastal Corp.'s plans to restructure its refining, marketing and supply operations in the eastern United States, resulting in the elimination of jobs. Benefits of Coastal Corp. from the restructuring.
- Coastal emphasizes gasoline. // National Petroleum News;Jul97, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p9
Reports on Coastal Corp.'s focus on advertising its gasoline products. Coastal's advertisement of a major upgrade of its Coastal Mart convenience stores.
- Coastal consolidates. // Chemical Week;2/19/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p40
Reports on Houston, Texas-based Coastal Corp.'s consolidation of its distribution and sales of refined products in the eastern United States in 1997.
- Coastal boosting natural gas production. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Sep96, Vol. 223 Issue 9, p6
Reports that Coastal Corp.'s board of directors has approved an $80 million increase in the company's 1996 capital budget for exploration and production.
- Houston roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/07/97, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p36
Reports on retirement plans by Coastal Corp. founder Oscar S. Wyatt Jr. on July 15, 1997. Assumption by president and chief executive David A. Arledge of role of chairman; Decision by Wyatt to remain on the board.
- Fire up your portfolio with this energy firm. Stark, Ellen // Money;May95, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p83
Recommends the stock of Coastal Corp. Decrease in the value of Coastal's stock; Upgrade of refineries; Company's pipeline system; 1992 earnings.