Proximate and Mineral Composition of Nigerian Leafy Vegetables
- Other greens pale next to purslane. // Environmental Nutrition;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the nutritive value of the green leafy plant purslane. Availability; Nutrients; Mixing with salads.
- Grow a rainbow of leafy edibles. Poncavage, Joanna // Organic Gardening (08973792);Feb95, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p38
Presents information on varieties of leafy vegetables in the United States. Lollo Rossa; Red oakleaf; Battavia lettuces; Radicchio; Russian kale; Endives; Mustard greens; Flower and herb species. INSETS: Plant early and often.;Foiling your flea beetles, by J.P..
- How green is your salad? // Shape;Apr94, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p94
Features various edible greens. White to pale-green greens; Medium-green greens; Greenest greens.
- Green foods aren't yucky--just good for ya'! Turner, Lisa // Better Nutrition;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on green foods and their nutritional value. Identification of the three main categories of green foods; Background information on the vitamins contained in green foods; Reference to green drinks.
- Turn a new leaf. Malloy, Julia // Better Homes & Gardens;Jun96, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p216
Offers a variety of leafy vegetables as a substitute for lettuce, in making a salad dish. Indications of nutrition value of the leaves; Names of several salad alternatives; Appearance of each leaf; Flavor of each alternative.
- Influence of spent mushroom compost (SMC) of Pleurotus ostreatus on the yield and nutrient compositions of Telfairia occidentalis Hook .F.A. (Pumpkin) ,a Nigerian leafy vegetable. Jonathan, S. G.; Oyetunji, O. J.; Asemoloye, M. A. // Nature & Science;Oct2012, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p149
The potted pumpkin plants studied were harvested after twelve weeks and the results obtained showed that Telfairia occidentalis planted on 30% SMC soil had the best growth followed by 20%, 50%, 0% and 100% SMC (in respect to plant height, leaf number, stem girth, and leaf area). The Biological...
- Green Means Go. // Backpacker;Dec2006, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p57
The article discusses five kinds of leafy vegetables that are healthy and do not spoil easily.
- What Am I? Furman, Londa // Children's Playmate Magazine;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p22
A game concerning the name of a leafy vegetable is presented.
- Hardy greens extend the season. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p74
Provides information on hardy green plants, and their use in extending the gardening season.