- Historical Anniversaries . // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p40
No abstract available.
- Shareholders will find fewer gifts under the tree for them. Anderson, Veronica; Healy, Beth // Crain's Chicago Business;11/27/95, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p8
Presents news developments concerning Chicago, Illinois as of November 27, 1995. Zurich Insurance Co.'s acquisition of Kemper Corp.; Renewed interest in the late Japanese diplomat Chiune Sugihara; Sears, Roebuck and Co.'s sale of its Discover card operations; Results of a poll on the best talk...
- Biggest stories of 1996. O'Neill, Helen // Editor & Publisher;1/4/97, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p27
Provides an overview on biggest news stories in 1996. Includes the explosion of TWA Flight 800 off the Long Island; Re-election of President Bill Clinton and the victory of Republicans in Congress; Olympic bombing; Arrest of unabomber, Theodore Kaczynski.
- Word wrap. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;4/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p48
Presents a text at the bottom of a fax cover sheet sent to `Folio' periodical by photoFX Digital Imaging Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico on current events that have shaped the history of man.
- Our cynical times. Ivins, Molly // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/94, Vol. 15 Issue 22, Forefront p5C
Opinion. Discusses matters pertinent to 20th century historical events. Health care debate in the US; Visit of fellows from the World Press Institute; Discussion about cynicism among journalists.
- Mark my words...I mean what I say. // Insight on the News;10/21/96, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p33
Presents quotations from several personalities concerning current events issues.
- Global watch. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;6/03/96, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p44
Reports on developments relevant to the political and social issues around the world. Includes questions with regard to the economic and political stability of the South African government headed by President Nelson Mandela; Implications of the 1997 deadline for the privatization of the...
- Diary. Riddoch, Lesley // New Statesman;7/19/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4293, p6
Focuses on developments in Great Britain, as of July 19, 1996. Includes the behavior of English Members of Parliament at the announcement of the return to Scotland of the Stoney of Destiny; Crisis created by the petrol pump.
- Diary. Lawson, Nigella // New Statesman;12/13/96, Vol. 125 Issue 4314, p6
Comments on various developments in England as of December 13, 1996. Criticisms on the status of London, England; Comments on Alistair Cooke's gaffe on the commendable restraint of the men in the United States armed forces; Author's inclusion in the judges panel of the `Evening Standard'...