Skipskis, Vilius; Vysockas, Vaidas; AntanavičIūTė, Ieva; Kvalkauskas, Juozas; Aniulinė, Albina
June 2012
Veterinarija ir Zootechnika;2012, Vol. 58 Issue 80, p83
Academic Journal
The purpose of this study is to induce the experimental myocardial infarction (M/I) in laboratory rabbits to examine most common post-operation complications and to evaluate the cardiac troponine I (TnI) level in the blood of healthy N. Zealand rabbits before M/I operation and 10--12 hours after it. Twenty nine healthy N. Zealand rabbits were used for the experiment. The myocardial infarction was induced closing the frontal left artery branch beside the middle segment. 62% of experimental myocardial infarction (M/I) operations were successful, the other 38% operations had surgical complications such as: acute respiratory distress syndrome, cardiac tamponade, and cardiac insufficiency. The level of the cardiac TrtI was determined using the rapid imunofluorescence assay Triage Cardiac, Biosite Diagnostics. During the examination of the rabbit blood, we established that before M/I the TnI concentration in the blood was within the range 0 ng/ml-0.1 ng/ml, however, 12 hours after M/I operation the TnI level increased from 2.1 ng/ml to 13.3 ng/ml. The TnI levels in the blood exceeding 1.0 ng/ml indicae the M/I.


Related Articles

  • Endocan Levels in Peripheral Blood Predict Outcomes of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Ling Tang; Ying Zhao; Daoxin Wang; Wang Deng; Changyi Li; Qi Li; Shicong Huang; Chang Shu // Mediators of Inflammation;2014, Vol. 2014, p1 

    Purpose. To investigate the prognostic significance of endocan, compared with procalcitonin (PCT), C-reactive protein (CRP),white blood cells (WBC), neutrophils (N), and clinical severity scores in patients with ARDS. Methods. A total of 42 patients with ARDS were initially enrolled, and there...

  • Multiple Organ Failure Complicating Probable Scrub Typhus. Cracco, Christophe; Delafosse, Christian; Baril, Laurence; Lefort, Yannick; Morelot, Capucine; Derenne, Jean-Philippe; Bricaire, Francois; Similowski, Thomas // Clinical Infectious Diseases;7/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p191 

    Describes a case of acute respiratory distress syndrome with multiple organ failure complicating probable scrub typhus. Favorable outcome associated with fluoroquinoline therapy; Specific indirect immunofluorescence assay for Orentia tsutsugamushi; Use of tetracyclines in populations at risk of...

  • PULMONARY BARRIER FUNCTION IN SURGICAL SEPSIS. Azizov, Yorkin; Ohunov, Alisher; Sattarov, Oybek; Sahobov, Bahrom; Bozaripov, Soyibjon // Medical & Health Science Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p81 

    In this article we show the role of procalcitonin (PCT) as a marker of prognosis of acute respiratory distress syndrome of extrapulmonary origin. At the first and second days after modeling surgical sepsis in male rabbits, PCT concentration was low due to consumption by lungs, whereas for the...

  • SARS Still Spreading In China.  // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/12/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p7 

    Reports on the spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in China. Statistics on deaths from SARS; Evaluation on the extent of the problem in rural areas.

  • Understanding the Global Threat of SARS. Strum, Stephen B. // Life Extension;Jun2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p81 

    Discusses the global threat of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Outbreak of SARS in Guangdong Province in China on February 11, 2003; Increase in the number of patients affected by SARS on March 15, 2003; Number of SARS suspected cases worldwide; Magnitude of the disease. INSET:...

  • The prone position in acute respiratory distress syndrome. Ryan, D.W.; Pelosi, P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/6/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7035, p860 

    Suggests the prone position to improve oxygenation for patients afflicted with acute respiratory distress syndrome. Indications for prone position in respiratory failure; Contraindications for the prone position; Studies supporting the prone position as an aid for oxygenation.

  • Interleukin-1-mediated acute lung injury and tolerance to oxidative injury Repine, John E. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;1994 Supplement 10, Vol. 102, p75 

    No abstract available.

  • Neutrophil--generated free radicals: possible mechanisms of injury in adult respiratory distress syndrome McCord, Joe M.; Flores, Sonia C.; Leff, Jonathan; Gao, Bifeng // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;1994 Supplement 10, Vol. 102, p57 

    No abstract available.

  • Pulmonology.  // Patient Care;7/15/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p150 

    Reviews the article `The Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome: A Review,' by Zachariades N, Agouridakis P and Parker J.


Read the Article


Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics