Former Acting SEC Chair Laura Unger Joins Ambac Financial Board of Directors
- Considine Joins Ambac Board. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30863, p6
Highlights the appointment of Jill Considine as board of director in Ambac Financial Group.
- Ambac issues debt to finance expansion. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;04/07/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30367, p31
Reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. issued $200 million of 100-year debt in April 1998 as part of an effort to increase the company's capital for future expansion efforts. Ratings by Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's; Lead manager.
- How to play the muni boom and earn around 35 percent. Sheeline, Bill // Money;Mar93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p80
Explains the reasons why stock in Ambac, the oldest insurer of municipal bonds, is a good investment. Description of firm's business; How the firm is able to show profits even in slow years; Outlook for prosperous years; Comments from Ambac CEO Phillip Lassiter; Share prices and earnings...
- Municipal bond fears insure Ambac's future. Mirabella, Alan // Crain's New York Business;2/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the stock performance of New York City-based Ambac Incorporated. Effect of increase in demand for insurance as a result of increased acquisition of municipal bonds; Comments of Ambac chairman Phillip B. Lassiter on the trend in municipal bond acquisition.
- WHISPERS. // Asset Securitization Report;8/23/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 34, p1
Reports on developments concerning the U.S. asset and mortgage-backed securitization industry as of August 23, 2004. American Bankers Association's request that the U.S. Financial Accounting Standards Board postpone the September 30, 2004 effective date for the EITF 03-I; Decision of...
- Ambac Reports Surge in Income, Looks Ahead With Optimism. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p3
Reports the increase in the first-quarter net income of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in New York. Acceleration of operating earnings; Resignation of public relations director, Brian Moore; Comparison between the earnings in the first quarter and last year.
- Ambac, MBIA Don't Expect US Airways Exposure to Lead to Losses. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p4
Reports the decision to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with the exposure to U.S. Airways by Ambac Financial Group Inc. Estimation of net exposure to the beleaguered airline; Existence of 18 to 24 months of liquidity support for bond issuers with the sale and release of aircraft;...
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p2
A correction to the article on Ambac Financial Group Inc. and its bond insurer Ambac Assurance Corp. that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Ambac Financial Nixes Wisconsin Regulator's Bankruptcy Proposal. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p3
The article reports that lawyers for Ambac Financial Group Inc. are not accepting the bankruptcy plan submitted by the Wisconsin insurance regulator and will issue its own plan in June 2011.