Ohio School Enhancement Program Gets AA From Fitch
- TEXAS: Ruling May Sway Ratings. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/19/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33863, p7
The article reports that, according to Scott Murray, a senior director in Austin, Texas office of credit rating agency Fitch Ratings Ltd., decision by state District Judge John Dietz that the state school funding formula is unconstitutionally flawed could increase funding from the state.
- School Concerns Prompt Fitch to Put Baltimore GOs on Negative Watch. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p3
No abstract available.
- VIRGINA: College Agency Affirmed. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32500, p35
The article reports on the reaffirmation of Fitch Ratings' AA-plus rating for the Virginia College Building Authority for its plan to issue $150.8 million of pooled revenue bonds. It has been stated that the bonds are secured by a general revenue pledge of each of the eight public higher...
- Baltimore School Loan Repayment Is Good News for S& P, Less So for Fitch. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p5
Reports on mixed credit ratings received by city of Maryland, Baltimore its school system's repayment of a city loan. Affirmation of the city's A-plus rating and stable outlook by Standard and Poor's; Negative outlook and negative outlook maintained by Fitch Ratings; Rating by Moody's Investors...
- PENNSYLVANIA: Fitch Stand Pat on GOs. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/26/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33205, p9
The article reports on the rating of Pennsylvania's general obligation (GO) debt by Fitch Ratings Ltd. The agency has affirmed its AA rating and stable outlook of the state's GO debt. The state's spending plan relies on a table games bill which needs to generate 200 million dollars or more in...
- Fitch Downgrades Detroit Public Schools' GOs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32530, p34
The article focuses on the downgrading of Fitch Ratings Inc. on some of the outstanding bonds of the Detroit Public schools. The agency has maintained its negative outlook on the district's oustanding limited-tax general obligation debt from BBB-minus to BB-plus issued under the Michigan school...
- Fitch Upgrades Florida's $11 Billion of GOs to AA-Plus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p33
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. on Thursday upgraded Florida's more than $11 billion of general obligation debt to AA-plus from AA. It represents the state's third rating upgrade in less than two months. Fitch also assigned the new AA-plus rating to the state's upcoming sale of...
- With Fitch Upgrade in Hand, San Antonio Schools to Sell $299 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p37
Reports on the plan of the San Antonio Independent School District to sell general obligation refunding bonds in San Antonio, Texas. Upgrade made to the school district's credit ratings by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Lead managers of the transaction; Prospects for the district's ad valorem tax.
- University of Chicago Plans More Borrowing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/10/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34141, p1
The article reports on the plans of the University of Chicago to borrow about 200 million U.S. dollars of new money for its ongoing capital program as reported by the Illinois Finance Authority board as of July 2014. Topics discussed include 700 million U.S. dollars of new-money and refunding...