NEWS IN BRIEF
- BRIEFCASE. // BusinessWest;6/7/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p73
The article offers news briefs related to business in the U.S. Standard & Poor's increases the bond rating of Springfield, Massachusetts to BBB+. Survey shows the increased the Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index in May 2010 in New York. It reports on the 14.8% increase of new-home-sales...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;5/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31396, p2
Reports on developments related to bonds as of May 2002 in the U.S. Growth of personal income and consumption expenditures; Percentage increase of existing home sales; Details on the rise of consumer confidence index.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Rise Modestly as Volatility Eases. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p6
Analyzes the performance of yield indexes in the U.S., as of September 28, 2001. Impact of decline in funds rate by U.S. Federal Open Market Committee on stock market; Decline in consumer confidence index; Increase in jobless claims according to the Labor Department.
- Municipals Track Narrow Range In Quiet Post-Holiday Trading. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p2
Focuses on bond prices in the United States as of May 2001. Rise of consumer confidence; Ranges of serial bonds yields offered to investors; Effect of economic uncertainty on treasury bonds.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Vadum, Matthew; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the United States as of August 2001. Decline of the consumer confidence index; Auction of the four-week bills by the Treasury Department; Upgrade to the credit rating of the state of Nevada.
- Municipal Tone Firms in Light Trade Ahead of the New Year's Day Holiday. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p2
Focuses on the final trading session for the year 2002. Reduction in consumer confidence index; Information about cash bond yields.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33584, p2
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. including an increase in the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index, the rating of Warren Country, Kentucky which raised from BBB-plus to A-minus, and the Sarasota County, Florida's BBB-plus rating.
- Munis Firmer in Issuance-Free Session. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32575, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for February 2007. On February 23, 2007, the municipal market was firmer by about two basis point in a largely data-and issuance-free session. According to one trader, there's a lot going on, and he thinks it is going to...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. O'Connor, Jeanie; Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p2
Reports developments related to the United States bonds as of May 2001. Increase of consumer confidence index in New York for the month of May; Rise in the rate of spending and decrease in personal income rate as reported by the Department of Commerce in Washington; Mixture of tender rates for...