Maine, Texas Gain Rural Empowerment Zones
- Fogg plans $3.5m project at Jennings industrial park. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
Presents information on a $3.5 million construction project which is scheduled to get on the way at Jennings Freeway Industrial Park in Cleveland. Indepth look at the project; What Identification of the company who is carrying out the project; What prompted the company build in the Jennings...
- Sustainability Impact Assessment (SIA): A methodology for assessing the impact of development projects and programmes. Kirkpatrick, Colin // Transformation (02653788);Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p118
Focuses on the use of Sustainability Impact Assessment (SIA) in determining the factors affecting developmental projects. Importance of SIA in economic, environmental and social impact integration; Types of impact assessments; Use of the environmental impact assessment in determining the impact...
- Buildings go up, rent increase as south Queens area rebounds. Jay, Leslie // Crain's New York Business;11/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p26
Focuses on the development efforts in the commercial district of Jamaica, Queens, New York City. Creation of a regional laboratory for the United States Food and Drug Administration on the campus of York College; Relocation of Queens Family Court; Comments by Adelle Klein, managing director of...
- Responding to Sprawl. // Christian Science Monitor;12/9/99, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p10
Editorial. Asserts that Americans should be grateful for the various efforts to preserve farmlands and limit development across the United States.
- Tourism development projects for 2011. // Southern African Tourism Update;Feb/Mar2011, Issue 217, p20
The article cites the five tourism development projects in Northern Cape, South Africa for 2011.
- Pioneering Petaluma. Lockwood, Charles // Planning;Oct98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p16
Details the city development project of Petaluma, California. Brief information on its Residential Growth Management System; Benefits from the project; Brief outline of the plan; Description of the place.
- Answering an S.O.S. Lightsey, Ed // Georgia Trend;Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p21
Focuses on the OneGeorgia program for the development of rural poor areas and eradication of poverty in Georgia. Role of Lieutenant Governor Mark Taylor in implementing the program; Southwest Georgia as the poorest region of the state; Implication of the program for infrastructure and economic...
- A Tale of Two Counties. Sverdlik, Alan // Atlanta;Nov2001, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p90
Focuses on the suburban development in Dawson County, Georgia. Impact of developments on the residents; Result of County Forsyth development; Significance of suburban development.
- Development projects in Ghana yield globally useful guidelines. // Reading Today;Dec93/Jan94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p16
Examines applications of design programs for administrators by means of Alfred Asiamah's case study on community project mobilization in Ghana. Value to the international Reading Association (IRA); Development steps of community projects.