NEW YORK: Tomson on Deck
- Lower Manhattan Development Head to Step Down. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p4
Reports on the resignation of Louis Tomson, president of the U.S.-based company, Lower Manhattan Development Corp. Career history of Tomson; Corporate achievements of Tomson.
- Pataki to take issue with city on downtown. // Crain's New York Business;10/27/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p1
Governor George Pataki is expected on Thursday to outline a vision for rebuilding lower Manhattan that clashes with Mayor Michael Bloomberg's plan on at least one key point. The speech before the Association for a Better New York will call for keeping most of $1.1 billion in federal funding in...
- Should replacement WTC buildings be world's tallest? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/17/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p3B
Reports on the designs being considered by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. and Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to replace New York City's World Trade Center towers. Features of the proposed designs; Factors being considered by authorities and architects in choosing the proper...
- Dueling LMDC Appointments. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p37
Reports on the new appointments by New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Governor George E. Pataki to the Lower Manhattan Development Corp., the agency charged with rebuilding after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Background of most appointees by the mayor; Number of officials...
- A Win for Westfield? Sokol, David // Shopping Center World;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p13
Reports that the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. has announced the seven proposals for redesigning the World Trade Center (WTC) site in Manhattan, New York. Conflict of a proposal to replace the retail space lost with plans to reattach the WTC site to the lower Manhattan street grid;...
- LOWER MANHATTAN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION. Sullivan, Jenny // Brochures: Making a Strong Impression;2007, p072
The article describes a brochure for the Lower Manhattan Development Corp.
- 9/11 Memorial Projects Unveiled. // Art in America;Dec2003, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p128
Reports on the unveiling by the Lower Manhattan Development Corp. of projects by eight finalists for a World Trade Center memorial on November 17, 2003.
- Taxpayer dollars are not at work. Menin, Julie // Crain's New York Business;6/14/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p12
In this article, the author presents his views regarding the under-utilization of funds allocated to Lower Manhattan Development Corp. by the U.S. Congress for rebuilding efforts.
- WTC plans memorial contest. // Building Design;11/29/2002, Issue 1558, p1
Reports the move of Lower Manhattan Development Corporation to launch a competition to design a monument to the victims of the U.S. September 11 terrorist attacks.