MASSACHUSETTS :Big Dig's Last Bid
- Wheelin' and dealin'. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Jan2000, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on innovative contracting in the highway industry in the United States. Criticism on design-build contracts; A + B contracting; Lane rental; Bid averaging method.
- Spokane contractor to handle $540,000 in city paving projects. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);3/25/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 7, pA11
The article reports that the city of Spokane, Washington has awarded contracts for two road projects to MJM Grand Inc. in 2010.
- Ambitious target. // International Construction;Jun2011, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the target set by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to grant construction contracts for 7300 kilometer (km) roads in April 2011 to 2012.
- Greece Builds Long and Winding Road with Help of International Experts. Reina, Peter M. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/22/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the completion of almost half of the 680-kilometer highway project in Greece as of January 2001. Companies involved in the project; Project highlights; Events leading up to the project's development and launch; Prospects for the project's completion; Involvement of international...
- $21 million project will straighten, widen U.S. 95. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);05/31/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pA18
Reports the reconstruction of a 5.5-mile north-south highway in Washington. Design of the road; Construction contract of the project; Time span of the construction; Sources of funds for the project.
- Damages recovered due to defective spec. Parvin, Cordell // Roads & Bridges;Jul97, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p12
Deals with the legal issues affecting the roadbuilding industry. Rule for federal contracts under the changes clause; Overview of a 1970 Maryland case `Dewey Jordan Incorporated versus Maryland National Capitol Park and Planning Commission, 265 A.2d 892 wherein the court was required to compare...
- Sri Lankan 1st. // International Construction;Oct2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p12
The Sri Lankan government has awarded a US $280 million road deal to three Malaysian firms as of October 2003. The deal involves the construction of a 110 km highway linking Colombo and Kandy. It is the first highway project in Sri Lanka to involve Malaysian construction companies. The three...
- UAE. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/24/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the biddings for three separate road tenders in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Description of the construction projects; Value of the contracts; Companies who submitted the bids.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/27/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p17
Focuses on the two bidders for the motorway concession linking Casablanca to Jorf Lasfar in Morocco.