Cayetano Hopes Supplement Will Guide Hawaii Through Downturn
- Civil service end proposed. // State Government News;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the plan of Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano to overhaul the state's civil service operations. Things that Cayetano wants to implement.
- Hawaii Gets New Captive Tax, Fee Rules. McDonald, Caroline // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 28, p26
Focuses on the premium tax law for captives signed by Hawaii Governor Ben Cayetano. Details of the legislation; Structure of the fee rule; Comment of Insurance Commissioner Wayne Metcalf.
- Do budget deficits cause capital inflows? Evidence from the United States. Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen; Payesteh, Sayeed // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Spring94, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p63
Argues that budget deficits which raise interest rates can cause capital inflow. Impact of American federal budget deficits on capital flow into the United States; Use of cointegration technique to study the long-run relation between budget deficit and capital flow; Use of error-correction...
- Industrial Buying and the Divergence of Capital Budgeting Theory and Practice: An Exploration. Hatfield, Patricia; Hill, Donna; Horvath, Philip // Journal of Applied Business Research;Winter98/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p37
Suggests that a stage-gate industrial buying model may provide an explanation for the divergence of capital budgeting theory and practice. Information on normative capital budgeting theory; Information on a model that incorporates the concept of buying psychology into the capital budgeting...
- Council approves 2012 budget. // West County Journal;12/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 49, pA4
The article reports on the approved 2012 budget by the Maryland Heights, Missouri City Council, which will be used to pay for capital improvement projects.
- Importance And Behavior of Capital Project Benefits Factors in Practice: Early Evidence. Horvath, Philip A.; Hatfield, Patty; Hill, Donna // Journal of Applied Business Research;Summer2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
We extend the capital budgeting literature by identifying capital project benefits factors and relating each factor's importance to firm and individual decision-maker factors. We find significant and consistent changes in importance of project benefits factors associated with decision-maker...
- County likely to spend more on upgrades next year. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/22/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Kent County Finance Committee in Michigan to invest in capital improvement projects by 2014 which include upgrades of information technology (IT) applications.
- Chicago park district's 1999 budget cuts capital spending. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30506, p29
Reports on the reduced budget and capital spending of Chicago Park District in Illinois for 1999. Total amount of budget and capital spending; Sources of revenues; Allocation of the budget; Description of projects; Ways of cost reduction.
- Mind the pay gap. // Public Finance;07/17/98, p10
Focuses on the adequacy of funding for increase in capital spending on public sector services as proposed in the Comprehensive Spending Review of Great Britain. Why the British government is more likely to succeed in funding capital and technological improvements; Implication of the pay gap...