Environment: Citing Job Creation Potential, Bush Signs $1.25B Brownfields Legislation
- BRIEFLY. Needham, Vicki // Hill;3/25/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the approval of another election year jobs bill by the U.S. House in March 2010.
- Misplaced priorities in Congress. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);12/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p2
In this article the author discusses the role of lawmakers in promoting job-creating policies that bring confidence to families and businesses during an economic downturn in the U.S.
- Creating an environment for job growth is working. Sanborn, Laurie; Ohm, Bill // New Hampshire Business Review;4/20/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p27
The article focuses on legislative bills which will help in creating jobs in New Hampshire.
- Leave it better. La Bar, Christian // Missoula Independent;12/20/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p4
The article offers information on the implementation of two legislative bills including the Forest Jobs and Recreation Act (FJRA) and the Rocky Mountain Front Heritage Act (RMMFHA) in Montana for creating jobs and protecting the economy.
- Jobs bill a step in the right direction. CONDLIN, JACK // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p4
The author comments on the enactment of jobs bill in 2011 in Connecticut.
- A new focus on streamlining government. BROWN, ERIC // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p4
The author comments on the passage of jobs bill in 2011 in Connecticut which is expected to streamline the state government and promote economic development.
- Lighten the regulatory load: Support the TRAIN Act. Haste, Jeff // Central Penn Business Journal;11/11/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p14
The author reflects on the employment legislation known as the Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation (TRAIN) Act that intends to lighten the regulatory load on job producers in Pennsylvania.
- National Urban League--To Be Equal #33. // Tennessee Tribune;8/18/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p10A
The article presents the author's views on the essence of the Urban Jobs Act that will provide federal funding that will prepare the minority youth for an entry into the job market.
- Cleveland Eyes a New WPA. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/15/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33533, p7
The article reports on the move of Cleveland legislators to launch a bill to create jobs program in Ohio.