Like the Chicago Bears, Soldier Field Lawsuit Still in the Game
- Recent Decisions. T. M.; J. R. J.; McC., T. O.; J. W. M. // California Law Review;Jul38, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p622
Highlights cases and court decisions in the U.S. as of July 1938. Effect of clause restricting representations to those embodied in the contract in the Weiner versus Roof case; Stance taken by the Supreme Court on the applicability of federal bankruptcy legislation to local governmental units...
- LAW IN THE PRESENT TENSE: TRADITION AND CULTURAL CONTINUITY IN MEMBERS OF THE YORTA YORTA ABORIGINAL COMMUNITY V VICTORIA. Anker, Kirsten // Melbourne University Law Review;2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
In the 12 years since native title was first recognised in Australia, 32 determinations, of a total of 49, have pronounced native title to be extinguished over at least part of the are a claimed (as of 25 March 2004). This has been as a result of either government acts that are inconsistent with...
- AUSTRALIAN COMPETITION AND CONSUMER COMMISSION v C G BERBATIS HOLDINGS PTY LTD. Bigwood, Rick // Melbourne University Law Review;2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p203
This case note critically analyses the High Court's recent decision in Berbatis. The majority in Berbatis took a restrictive approach in applying s 51AA of the Trade Practices Act to the facts of the particular case. In contrast, the single dissenting judge took a more expansive view of the...
- Comment on Cases. H. F. S.; J. W. P.; S. C. S.; C. C. S.; E. D. T. Jr.; R. J. T. // California Law Review;Sep25, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p491
Comments on the decisions of U.S. courts on several cases as of 1925. Issue on how far the overt act must go in furtherance of the illegal design before the crime is complete as indicated in the District Court of Appeal's decision on the case People v. George; Details of the liability of an...
- Recent Decisions. // California Law Review;Sep28, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p548
Presents court decisions in the U.S. for the year 1928. Discussion on the admission into the State of Foreign Business Trusts; Explanation on the suspension of the power of alienation and the rule against perpetuities; Information on the liability for physical injury resulting from fright at...
- RECENT JUDICIAL DECISIONS. Priestley, William J. // Police Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p328
Presents several judicial decisions on criminal cases filed in the Supreme Court. "R v Marchant and Muntz"; "Regina v W"; "R v Rowland".
- CHAPTER 31. ACTIONS AND DECISIONS OF PROCURATOR UPON RECEIPT OF A CRIMINAL CASE FILE WITH INDICTMENT. // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p90
Focuses on the actions and decisions of procurator upon receipt of a criminal case file with indictment. Decision of procurator on a criminal case file; Approval of the indictment; Termination of the criminal case or criminal prosecution.
- Strike Action: An Autumn of Discontent? // Lawyer (Online Edition);9/19/2011, p8
The article reports on the proposed industrial actions in legal cases regarding highly publicized strikes held during 2009-2010. It is noted that he detailed statutory scheme of balloting and notification requirements established in the 1990s is the principal battleground in recent litigation....
- Case Notes. Humphreys, Matthew // Environmental Law Review;2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p134
Focuses on cases relating to environmental laws. Summary of the policy of the Mayor of London, England regarding congestion charging; Judgment of the court on the case of land use in the U.S.