Galveston Voters Defeat a Merger With Port of Houston
- Port of Oakland Still Confident That Airport Tangle Will Be Resolved. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p3
Reports on the expectation of officials at the Port of Oakland in San Francisco, California regarding the resolution of all issues raised in litigation filed by environmental groups and a municipality opposed to the Oakland International Airport's multi-billion dollar expansion plan. Details of...
- BALTIMORE. Mink, Randy // TravelAmerica;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p40
Explores the Inner Harbor in Baltimore, Maryland. Worth of the construction projects planned through the 2002 in for the Inner Harbor; Inner Harbor's first tourist attraction in 1969; How to contact the the Baltimore Area Convention and Visitors Association.
- EUROPE'S LARGEST PORTS LINKED WITH GLOBAL SECURITY NETWORK. // Worldwide Telecom;Jun2003, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the installation of automated security network infrastructure in the major ports of Rotterdam, Antwerp and Felixstowe in Europe.
- Hub of the southern universe. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Jul/Aug98, Issue 234, p27
Highlights the strategic location of the Cape Town harbor in South Africa. Situation which allows the port of Cape Town to specialize in high value, time-sensitive goods from the western hemisphere; Cape Town's competitors; Cape Town's port specialization; Information on international cruise...
- Ports of Asia battle for pole position. Hawcroft, Sam // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p78
Evaluates the performance of various harbors in Asia in 1996. Failure of the Singapore Ports Authority to raise its annual handling capacity; Total number of vessel arrivals and departures handled by the Hong Kong Port; Port of Singapore's plans to develop a container terminal.
- The New Port of New York and New Jersey Operational Forecast System. Wei, Eugene // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Sep2003, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p1184
Focuses on the Port of New York and New Jersey Operational Forecast System. Use of tide and tidal current tables by mariners; Hydrodynamic model component.
- Restaurants eyed for pier. Bullard, Stan; Thompson, Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/7/94, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the plan of the Port of Cleveland to build a complex of two restaurants and a parking garage near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Ohio. Port's plan to seek proposals from developers and restaurateurs to build the structure; Layout of the planned complex; Distribution of the...
- Southland Ports Prepare for Holiday Rush As Last-Minute Shipments Flow. Greenberg, David // Orange County Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p7
Reports on the preparations for the holiday rush at Southland ports in California. Shipping activity in the summer; Adjustment to holiday rush shipments.
- Contract for transshipment study signed. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;4/13/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p8
Reports that the Puerto Rico government signed a contract for a feasibility study to determine if any port in Puerto Rico, is suited to be a transshipment port. Cost; Comparison with the port of Rotterdam; Comments from Economic Development & Commerce Secretary Luis Fortuna.
- Build A Bigger, Better Port. . . Davison, Dean // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jun2003, p36
Reports on the Port of Tacoma's strategy to increase its container capacity in Washington. Features of the port; Growth in container traffic; Scale of the port's expansion projects.