Federal Judge Rejects Florida Attorney General's Bid to Open MLB Books
- Court strikes rule on who may call themselves experts. Blankenship, Gary // Florida Bar News;10/15/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the decline of the U.S. Northern District Judge Robert L. Hinkle to strike another advertising rule of the Florida Bar which prevents non-certified lawyers from saying the specialization and expertise in an area of law.
- President Clinton nominates two judges for appointment. // New York Amsterdam News;6/15/96, Vol. 87 Issue 24, p32
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's nominations of Robert L. Hinkle and Mary Ann Gooden Terrell as federal judges. Career highlights of nominees; Educational background.
- CIAB Sees Federal Court Ruling Rejecting Florida Countersignature Law Major Victory. // Insurance Advocate;10/13/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 38, p3
Reports that U.S. district judge Robert Hinkle has ruled that Florida's controversial countersignature law for insurance brokers is unconstitutional. Dubbing of the ruling as a 'major victory' for members of the Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers; Reasons for the unconstitutionality of the...
- IIABA Welcomes Federal Court Decision Declaring Florida's Countersignature Law Unconstitutional. // Insurance Advocate;10/13/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the favorable reaction of the Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America (IIABA) to the summary judgment ruling handed down by U.S. district judge Robert Hinkle which declared the countersignature law of Florida unconstitutional. Ruling stating that the state cannot deny...
- FEDERAL COURTS. // Florida Bar Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 83 Issue 8, Special section p19
The article lists the names of officials and employees at the U.S. States District Court in Northern District of Florida and in the Middle District of Florida including Gregory A. Presnell, Robert L. Hinkle, and G. Miles Davis.
- Judge Denies FAMU Restitution After Bombing. // Black Issues in Higher Education;01/04/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p10
Reports that federal district Judge Robert Hinkle has denied Florida A&M University's request for $973, 000 in restitution from a man convicted of two racially motivated bombings on historically Black campus in 2000. Details on the ruling of Hinkle in December 2000.; Details of the case.
- Federal judge rules Fla. marriage ban unconstitutional. // Empty Closet;Sep2014, Issue 482, p4
The article reports on a ruling by U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle on August 21, 2014, stating that Florida's state ban excluding same-sex couples from the freedom to marry is unconstitutional and mentions the reaction of political advocacy group Equality Florida to Hinkle's ruling.
- Strike One. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p33
Reports that Florida attorney general Bob Butterworth has won the first round of a legal dispute when a U.S. district judge denied a request of Major League Baseball to delay a deadline for submitting records to the state. Deadline set by Butterworth; Dispute regarding baseball teams Tampa Bay...
- Federal judge strickes part of new med mal law. Blankenship, Gary // Florida Bar News;10/15/2031, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the decision made by Judge Robert Hinkle of the U.S. Northern District of Florida on September 25, 2013 in favor of a man who plans to sue a doctor. The decision says that the state's new medical malpractice law allowing defendant health care providers to have ex parte...