NORTH CAROLINA: Arena Roadblock
- TENNESSEE: Grizzlies in Charge? DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p31
Focuses on the proposal of Shelby County, Tennessee mayor, Jim Rout, to assign the owners of Memphis Grizzlies with a responsibility of managing the construction of a basketball arena with public funds. Sources of revenue for the construction of the basketball arena; Concerns expressed by...
- Grizzly Arena Fight. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p43
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee-based attorney Duncan Ragsdale has filed a complaint in the Shelby County Circuit Court for seeking a temporary ban on the construction of basketball arena for the basketball team Memphis Grizzlies. Impact of filing of complaint on organizers of the arena; Deals...
- Packed house. // Navajo Times;2/16/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 6, pA-10
A photograph is presented of fan-filled Wildcat Den arena in Chinle, Arizona before the start of the basketball game between Window Rock Scouts and Snowflake Lobos.
- Legal Victory for Memphis Arena Sets Stage for Pre-Spring Bond Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31285, p40
Reports on refusal of appeal for issuance of revenue bonds for building a multi-million dollar basketball arena in Memphis, Tennessee. Issuance of debts through Shelby County Sports Authority; Expected interest rates for the issued bonds; Companies that will serve as bond counsel.
- CHAPTER 5: BASKETBALL'S SHARED SPACES. Owens, Thomas S. // Basketball Arenas;2001, p34
This chapter focuses on the transformation of basketball arenas for the purpose of hosting several events every year. The United Center opened in Chicago on August 18, 1994 and changes its shape and personality with speed; The Chicago Bulls court is placed on top of the Ice Decking in a manner...
- Basketball Arenas (Book). Hutt, Karen // Booklist;6/1/2002, Vol. 98 Issue 19/20, p1717
Reviews the book 'Basketball Arenas,' by Thomas S. Owens.
- MSG VS. STAPLES. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;7/14/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 6, pA6
Features the Madison Square Garden and the Staple Center basketball venues in the U.S. Location and total land area; Premier events held; List of championship banners displayed at the facility.
- Hallowed Homes. Ryan, Jeff // Basketball Digest;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p58
Presents information on the arenas used by the National Basketball Association.
- Private talks, public funds. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p10
The author reflects on the funding problems on the operation of Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana, the home of Indiana Pacers basketball team, that could cause the team to choose to relocate.